Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Alarms And Access Control For Milestone

JH
Jay Hobdy
Jul 21, 2017
IPVMU Certified

it was brought up dsc,kantech and exacq have an integration package. I know they are under one umbrella company Tyco/Johnson so that may be why they are integrated.

Are there any alarms and access control that integrate with Milestone? While we do not really have clients in that space, we hope to at one point. I figure if we are not tied to an access control company or alarm company at this point, now is a good time to look forward.

We are not heavily invested into Milestone either but do have some traction there

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 21, 2017

Milestone recently just launched a major partnership with Lenel, so that is probably going to be the bulk of the focus going forward for them. 

Otherwise, Open Options and Paxton are the two more "mainstream" options that also integrate to Milestone. 

(1)
Josh Hendricks
Jul 21, 2017
Milestone Systems

Hi Jay, have a look through our solution finder filtered on access control here:

https://www.milestonesys.com/community/business-partner-tools/partner-add-ons/?fp=&fst=Access%20Control&fr=&ffs=&fcn=&fsn=

See if there are any brands that you prefer, then I'd recommend chatting with our sales/presales team and solicit their opinion. There are probably a few key vendors for you based on region and maybe what your distributor(s) actively sell and support.

VC
Vlad Craciunescu
Jul 21, 2017

Hi Jay

We are working with Milestone for a few years already. For (affordable) access there are quite a lot of options. We sell tdsi.co.uk but there is also Axis, Paxton and many others ( LE : i forgot about http://www.entrowatch.com/eu/software/. Great option too as it connects to BMS systems via BACnet ) . For alarms there are also some options but not as many. We sell kseniasecurity.com and are now working on integrating that into XProtect. For perimeter there are some Optex detectors ( Beams, PIR, Laser ) that are working directly withing XProtect. And to fill the "platform" we used 2n.cz intercoms and IP audio, Bosch Aviotec for a touch of fire detection and many video and thermal options with various features.

It is not selling as well as it sounds to us but at least the offering is almost complete.

BR

Vlad

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions