We are looking for a Visitor management system that can:

• track visitors across multiple sites
  • check against internal (customizable)" do not allow entry" list
  • offers online pre-registration
  • is capable of printing expirable paper badges
  • is capable of scanning driver's licences to pre-fill fields
  • has badge creation stations including cameras - preferred
  • has a consolidated DB across all installed locations

I have seen information on EasyLobby, and Jolly's Lobby Tracker and would like to know if anyone has any experience with these two or has any recommendations.

[IPVM Background: Visitor Management Systems Examined]

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 05, 2015

I've installed an Easy Lobby system. I didn't find anything Easy about it though. It seems like it was written a long time ago and never developed further. For what you pay it should be a lot more polished. With that said, I am pretty sure it can do everything you require. You will get charged generously for every extra station or add on you want. They know how to charge. I installed my first system when HID first took them over and getting support was almost impossible. I'm not sure if that has changed or not.

(3)
(1)
Mark Jones
Mar 05, 2015

We recently installed the Honeywell's LobbyWorks. It is proprietary in that it only works with their access control equipment, but other than that one issue, it has all of that and works quite well once it is configured properly.

KM
Kim Mentzer
Mar 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Several years ago, our company used Avery Platinum. They didn't want to use all the features, but I seem to remember it could do pretty much all that you are asking. Just throwing it out there; I wasn't involved enough to truly recommend it.

Avery Platinum is a versatile Visitor Management Software program and gives you the most flexibility in your security needs

Brian Rhodes
Mar 08, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Do you want/need to integrate with a particular access control system?

DD
David Deal
Mar 09, 2015

Integration with our access control system isn''t a big priority at this point.It may be in the future, and that capability would be nice.

Brian Rhodes
Mar 09, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Can you share which system that is?

DD
David Deal
Mar 09, 2015

We are currently using Continuum

Dario Lobozzo
Jun 08, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Bumping to continue this conversation. I've had a hard time finding a list of visitor management systems, and I need one which does nearly all the requirements OP outlined. 

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Jun 08, 2017

We chose Lobby Track. We implemented it over a year ago at one of our facilities and have had very few problems.  Since then we have added 2 additional sites, and at some point we will add even more.  Support is very good, and so far we are satisfied.  

Dario Lobozzo
Jun 08, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Thank you very much for getting back to me, i'll take a look into Lobby track. 

JB
Josh Bylsma
Jun 08, 2017
BLUEmark Technologies

I have used these guys on projects. They are able to provide custom development to customer needs. Great solution and ability to adapt as need. Integration into VMS and EAC as well. 

www.savance.com

Ask for Steve Bardocz (founder) tell I it came from me. 

(Disclosure: I do NOT get any pay, cuts, commission, fancy cars, golf outings or even FaceBook likes) 

Just a great product by a great company. 

UE
Undisclosed End User #3
Jun 08, 2017

You have some pretty basic requirements that are mostly generic, Visitor Management can be very basic or a complicated solution.  Some other things you may want to consider depending on the size of the organization looking for solution:

• Exchange/Outlook Integration for managing invites
  • Mobile Solutions for both Hosts and Visitors
  • Kiosks for Self Enrollment/Check In
  • Access Control Integration to manage Temporary Employee/Vendor Badges
  • Contractor/Vendor Management
    • Manage Required Certifications/Trainings etc.
  • External Watchlists
  • Credential (DL/ID) Verification against Gov't Databases
  • Delivery/Package Tracking
  • Digital Signage Integration

HID- Easy Lobby

AlertEnterprise -  Visitor Express (Cloud) or Guardian Visitor (On Prem)

StopWare  - PassagePoint

Honeywell - LobbyWorks

Hello Systems - Lobbe Visitors

(1)
JC
Jason Choy
Mar 25, 2021
Welcome Gate - Global

Visitor management is how we got started in electronic security, so know all about the key players and their functionality.

Since we focussed on security systems, we noticed that much of the now "cloud-based" systems were direct to end-user, so didn't need an integrator to get involved. Anytime our clients asked us, we'd just pass them onto the key brands.

One has reached out to us recently with a formal partner/vendor model - Envoy.

Great for RMR, so make sure you consider them since they're definitely able to meet most needs and then some more. e.g. desk booking (which has been a real hot topic as most of Europe are planning for a return to work)

RJ Spurr
Mar 26, 2021
IPVMU Certified

I have only seen a few demos. Integrates with Open Options which is how I learned of it

Splan

Splan - Visitor - Events - School Checkin Solutions

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions