Subscriber Discussion

Looking For A Hands-On Opinion Of ISS Securos

Troy Dickinson
Apr 14, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We have a distributor trying to get our company to be an integrator for ISS SecurOS.  What is the opinion of IPVM and other integrators?

JH
John Honovich
Apr 14, 2017
IPVM

Troy, we have never tested ISS so our opinion is limited. From what they have told us and heard from limited others, they focus on large projects with analytics and customized software development. They have been around for a while and they seem to have good people but, because of their focus and relative lack of integrator interest, they have not been a priority to test.

(1)
RM
Robert Merchant
Apr 20, 2017

I have been using ISS's SecurOS for over 10 years. 10 years ago when everyone was in the DVR/NVR word, there were few realistic options for software-based systems as they were problematic and still a lot of analog out there. ISS was one who weathered the storm. Very good resilient architecture, extremely and powerful. Also feature rich at a fraction of the price of some of the realistic competitors. Clients like the easy straightforward intuitive interface.  Solid intelligent features again at a fraction of the cost and excellent integration with many key camera manufacturers.  WE have systems of over 1000 cameras on over 20 servers and they perform excellently. 

if you have specific questions, ask. 

(1)
(1)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Dec 05, 2017

I am looking to propose this for a bank solution, do you recommend ISS?

All i am looking for is stable recording and playback and smooth streaming in a stable client.

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions