Longse Giving Away NVRs

JH
John Honovich
Jan 04, 2016
IPVM

In the latest round of the race to the bottom, Longse, one of the most relentless Chinese spam manufacturers, has upped the ante.

Are $19 IP cameras too expensive for you? Well, Longse is now throwing in the NVR when you buy their IP cameras.

I suppose this is a logical outcome of the vicious cycle of price cuts but I still fail to see how this is healthy for Longse or the industry.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 04, 2016

I hear that Dahua is doing a promotion in February where they will pay you to take their cameras and NVR's.

(5)
JH
John Honovich
Jan 04, 2016
IPVM

Lol, and Hikvision will throw in free monitoring...

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 05, 2016

They are sneaky- no details other than free NVR... in my mind, theyre just giving out the NVR software like every other manufacturer does with their cameras. Nothing new.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 05, 2016
IPVM

The email I received mentioned the 25 channel LS-3525A NVR and the 9 channel LS-2009PD. Not an expert in the Longse line but these do appear to be actual appliances (though I assume sans hard drive as Longse generally does).

Mike Rose
Jan 05, 2016

Have always been disappointed when I have responded to a promotion like this. Maybe the first batch works but the reorder leaves something to be desired, price or quality wise.

As a value added integrator, if you support this type of price driven equipment, be prepared to throw some labor and replacement equipment to protect your service reputation.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jan 05, 2016
IPVM

So Acesee is running the same special:

Funny thing, though, both outfits list the same street address, so seems to be the same company.

U
Undisclosed #3
Jan 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Buy POE splitter cable, get IP varifocal camera free.

No need to even ask; 0-click ordering automatically.

Sean Nelson
Jan 06, 2016
Nelly's Security

Longse has many sub companies, Acesee being one of them. I used to have the list of all of them. Im not sure if Longse is the main parent company or not but I do know they all belong together ran by one guy/company head/ceo/or whatever they call em.

May be a good story to write about someday.

U
Undisclosed #3
Jan 06, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Cantonk, Wodsee to name a couple more.

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #4
Jan 11, 2016

Longse, Woodsee, Cantonk, Acesee ... are the same company or at least have the same owner.

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #4
Jan 11, 2016
Do not under estimate Longse. They produce more than 100,000 cameras per month (AHD, CVI,TVI ... and some IP). They produce some cameras for Dahua. Furthermore they produce Longse DVRs under Dahua license ... Today they sell mostly to Middle East, South America and Asia countries. Maybe they will go bankrupt ... Maybe they will become number 4 or 5 in the market !

NOTICE: This comment has been moved to its own discussion: Do Not Underestimate Longse

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 05, 2016

It looks like a LTS dvr?

Armando Perez
Jan 06, 2016
Hoosier Security and Security Owners Group • IPVMU Certified

Next month they'll install it for you too.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions