Subscriber Discussion

Long Beach Area Integrator Interested In Local Service Partnership?

Chris Anderson
Dec 13, 2016

Hi Everyone,

We are working on project which would use our turn-key systems around neighborhoods in this area.  These are our NEMA housings with edge recording, wireless communications and control systems connected to single Axis IP cameras. They use a modular design as well which makes any service work very straightforward (swap and go) We have a long history of high quality systems with easy install and limited maintenance requirements.  

I'm looking for a partner for local install/service that may have access to a bucket truck as well (many systems will be pole mounted).  We're requiring the customers to provide power at each site, our design is very modular and shipped turn-key so quick and easy to install or maintain.  I'd love to speak with anyone interested in a partnership as we're based in the PNW.

Please commend or reach out if you know anyone!

Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson
Dec 14, 2016

And....crickets :)

JH
John Honovich
Dec 14, 2016
IPVM

Chris, we are not good with integrator recommendations but hopefully someone will see this over the next few days. In this case, feel free to post your email if you want people to easily get a hold of you directly (i.e., some people may not be comfortable commenting publicly).

Chris Anderson
Dec 14, 2016

Certainly John, and great suggestion:

chris@obsidianintegration.com

Brian Karas
Dec 14, 2016
IPVM

FWIW, i emailed this discussion to some integrator contacts in California to make sure they saw it.

Over the years I have had multiple integrators approach me, asking for a referral to another integrator in a separate region because they needed someone local for installation, service, and so forth. I would say that overall this has always been a difficult match making process. The integrators that are really good, and that you would want to work with, are often busy enough with their own work and have low interest in being a sub for someone else.

You might be better off providing more details, like "we will pay a minimum of $xxxx for each truck roll", or "we will guarantee you a minimum of X hours work per month at your standard rate". Something that gives people on the other side an idea of what your offer is worth to them.

Chris Anderson
Dec 14, 2016

Hi Brian,

Thanks for that. At this point I'm very flexible in identifying a partner that is reputable and wants craft a long term partnership in which we define what makes sense in regards to SLA and rates. So the hope was to initiate some discussion on the matter and move to a more detailed evaluation of needs.

Also you and I should catch up sometime. I'm not sure if you remember (since it was probably 5 years ago) working with Feeney Wireless and/or Varasight (I was the VP in charge of Surveillance/Custom projects systems there). We interacted on a number of occasions while you were at VideoIQ and we integrated several of your products into our control housings for Government, Ports and Law Enforcement.

Thanks again!

Chris

Marco Sanchez
Dec 14, 2016

Hi there,

Happy to make some recommendations for you even if you are using AXIS cameras, ugh lol! Feel free to reach out to me directly at m.sanchez@hanwha.com

Chris Anderson
Dec 14, 2016

Will do Marco, you'll see an email soon.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions