Subscriber Discussion

Listing Of Most Informative Posts Of The Month

U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 26, 2015
IPVMU Certified

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but occasionally I'll stumble across a months old discussion that is just loaded up with mounds of practical and insightful advice and comments.

One that must have slipped by because maybe it rolled off the headline page in between logins.

I reckon it made me wonder just what other gold nuggets I never did find; and what others might be up in them thar hills...

Anyway, since we have this thumbs up thing going now, I was wondering if it would be hard maybe to somehow point us towards the 10 or so most informative discussions/posts of the month? Like with some sorta of a list or something?

I don't care so much who everybody agrees with or who busts the most gut, but I sure don't wanna miss out on the pearls...

Keep up the good work, sirs!

(3)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jul 27, 2015

I agree that this is very useful and a great idea. The only drawback is how often people really designate the posting as informative or agree. Quite often people seem to check agree or disagree over informative. I don't see a ton of feedback on many posts, and since it is a relatively new feature there will still be many old posts that have no feedback and would get overlooked. Again, great idea, I am just not sure how it could be implemented as put forth.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jul 27, 2015
IPVMU Certified

The only drawback is how often people really designate the posting as informative or agree. Quite often people seem to check agree or disagree over informative.

I've noticed that as well. Maybe pointing out the more informative posts will help people see the value in making a distinction between the two options.

For sure a lot of informative posts will go unsung, but just a starter I would propose things with 5 or more informatives be listed.

For instance, it would be a shame to miss this one from Mr. Silva, in the End to End Vs. Multi Vendor Solutions thread.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions