List Of Avigilon Sales Employees Exited June Through September

JH
John Honovich
Oct 05, 2015
IPVM

For those tracking and estimating what Avigilon's Q3 numbers will be and trying to factor in how the numbers will be impacted by the exit of the long time sales leader / COO and the SVP of Sales, inside is a list of another 11 12 Avigilon sales employee that have exited recently.

(2)
(2)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 05, 2015
IPVM

These were taken from LinkedIn updates and almost certainly does not reflect all Avigilon sales employee departures during June through September as many do not update their LinkedIn profiles immediately.

We believe this is notably higher than previous quarters for Avigilon and that this will pull down Q3 sales numbers. It's hard for any company to absorb many sales exits and keep their numbers up.

So if Avigilon comes anywhere close to their recent 38% growth rate, that will be an extremely bullish sign for the company. However, it would not be surprising if Avigilon's growth rate fell significantly.

(2)
Hal Bennick
Oct 05, 2015
Trafficware, a CUBIC Company

Really wishing I had shorted these guys a few months ago...

JH
John Honovich
Oct 05, 2015
IPVM

Maybe you go long now and the ride the train back up?

U
Undisclosed #6
Oct 06, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Maybe you go long now and the ride the train back up?

Sure, for Hal you're Gordon Gecko, but to me you're the Chairman of the SEC... ;)

Making stock trades is an issue between you, your attorney, and your financial advisor, not IPVM

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Oct 05, 2015

Other recent Sales position departures:

Senior Sales Director Northeast North America Brian Giampaoli

Senior Sales Director UK Mark Massie

Business Development Manager Manufacturing Matthew Moreno

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Oct 05, 2015

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Oct 05, 2015

John,how many people do u employ ?

Just curios :)

(1)
(3)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 05, 2015
IPVM

Lol, Avigilon dealer, you are trying to shame me for not having more employees?

It's about getting things done. The proof of what we do is shown in the news we break every week, the unique test reports we publish every month and the leading software tools we develop (e.g., Calculator, Camera Finder).

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Oct 06, 2015

I am not trying to shame!

What is turnover rate for IPVM employees for last few years ?

My guess about 70-90 % :)

(4)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 06, 2015
IPVM

On average, the last few years, we have had 2 people leave per year though the core team has remained the same. IPVM is a much different job than being an integrator or manufacturer and it's difficult to get the right fit.

That said, again, the output proves the quality of our overall work, which is publicly available for all to see.

Now, as for Avigilon, they are a public traded company whose primary goal is to make lots of money. When selling hardware based solutions, you need sales people and losing so many so quickly is a significant risk to sales growth (beyond turning over most of their management team twice in 2 years)

(1)
(2)
(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Oct 06, 2015

On average, the last few years, we have had 2 people leave per year though the core team has remained the same. IPVM is a much different job than being an integrator or manufacturer and it's difficult to get the right fit.

Hum... that's not the same answer some of your former employees have given.

(6)
(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #7
Oct 06, 2015

We operate in a large area with very few employees....we do very well for ourselves. ;)

HL
Horace Lasell
Oct 08, 2015

With all due respect, you may have misread this one. It's as likley that he's trying to understand how much of that hole he can fill by luring away every single one of IPVM's highly qualified staff.

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Oct 05, 2015

Most sources would argue that anything less than 15% turnover rate for employees is considered 'healthy' - 10% ideal. Of the 886 employees reported in Q2 report, how many sales people do you estimate are in the company? 120 or less?

JH
John Honovich
Oct 05, 2015
IPVM

Thank you, Avigilon employee. Given your position, perhaps you can give a good estimate for total Avigilon sales employees?

As for the rates you provide, such percentages (whatever they are) are typically per year. This is over a 4 month period so take the 12 employees, add in others who left but have not yet updated their LinkedIn profile, multiply that number by 3 to get the annual rate.

(2)
(1)
(2)
(1)
Hal Bennick
Oct 06, 2015

And the stock price drop is just the management prepping for a huge comeback?

(2)
(3)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Oct 06, 2015

Isn't that what happened at Techwin? $37/share down to $21 in just a couple months? And then slowly back up?

(3)
(3)
Hal Bennick
Oct 06, 2015

IIRC, which I often do not, hasn't the stock dip at arecont been significantly more pronounced than that?

For the sake of the employees, I hope you're right. Some good friends of mine are job hunting today due to corporate stupidity. I hate to see that happen.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #8
Oct 07, 2015

Baker and Lack were a huge loss. Hurt those markets a lot for Avigilon.

(1)
(1)
MT
Matt Transue
Oct 15, 2015

I can say, as a former IPVM employee, that the job can be difficult at times. However, the personal reward is high.

When you can have a profound impact on the industry and help others through the work you're doing, there is a high sense of pride taken in that aspect.

Every company/entity has a 'fit' for their culture. The challenge is getting good employees that fit said culture. That's a challenge every company faces when expanding or replacing employees. It's not about the number of employees you have...it's about having the right employees who do the right things.

(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions