Subscriber Discussion

Startup - Levitating Smart Camera - Moon By 1-Ring

Chris Anderson
Nov 06, 2017

This thing looks pretty wild, what do you guys think?  Saw this around the interwebs this evening:

Moon by 1-Ring: The Worlds First Levitating Camera 

JH
John Honovich
Nov 06, 2017
IPVM

Chris, thanks for sharing! Note: I added the video below the link to help people see what their pitch is.

It's an interesting play. The biggest differentiator is the levitating aspect. I am curious to see how well, fast and reliable it moves and what tradeoffs it comes with. Since I don't know the technology there, I can only await answers or information from others.

While the company lists the US as its location on Indiegogo, on LinkedIn, the employees list being from Armenia. CEO is Sergo Oganov". Before starting this, Oganov was the founder of a "Leading optical chain, Wholesale/Retail" since 2009.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 06, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I am curious to see how well, fast and reliable it moves...

If I’m not mistaken, having played with these levitation kits (sans camera) for some time, the movement of the object is restricted to the plane parallel to the base.

In other words, no tilt.

Also, if the camera is bumped or power is lost, the levitation collapses, and the formerly floating object will accelerate towards the base at a rate that would make Newton blush (> 9.8 m/s^2).  It’s quite a jarring landing, but would make for some interesting final frames.

That said, I’m jealous I didn’t think if it.

(2)
Joseph Parker
Nov 07, 2017
Why undisclosed? This is a great comment, with nothing incriminating in it. Would love to know who's behind it!
TC
Trisha (Chris' wife) Dearing
Nov 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Ok, your persistence wore me down :)

Why undisclosed?  

You’d get sick of seeing my name real quick ;)

JH
John Honovich
Feb 08, 2018
IPVM
(1)
Chris Anderson
Feb 12, 2018

Hope those backers don't experience the coolest cooler fail!

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 12, 2018
IPVMU Certified

The Moon levitating camera is up to nearly $400,000 on Kickstarter.

Frankly I’m surprised the project got off the ground...

(1)
Brian Karas
Feb 12, 2018
Pelican Zero

Frankly I’m surprised the project got off the ground...

(1)
(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions