Michael, thanks for the kind words.
That said, I feel the same way about this contest as I did about IFSEC's, i.e., The Most Important Person In The Security Industry
They are SEO / publicity campaigns for the organization running it.
However, it's clever for SecurityHive, as a site with little name recognition and traffic, to do this because the manufacturer winners will certainly link back / run press releases about their people being 'top' influencers.
My prediction has already come true!
Axis is shameless...
Chesapeake & Midlantic | 08/07/14 02:37pm
There's no one on this list that made me say "who?" but there's certainly a few who made me say "that guy? someone considers him influential?"
The winners are in...
Axis got all 3 of its guys on the list. Fist pump!
Avigilon's CEO did not make the cut, though he has more important things to be concerned about.
The 12 winners are:
- David Humphrey CTO Video HP Autonomy
- Erica Wood a.k.a The Security Girl American Fire & Security in Dayton Ohio
- Fredrik Nilsson GM Axis Communications North America
- Hong-Eng Koh Global Lead – Justice & Public Safety Oracle Corporation
- John Honovich Founder IPVM
- Larry Newman Axis Communications: Director Of Sales US Sales
- Mike Matta CEO Solink
- Richard Brent CEO Louroe Electronics
- Scott Dunn Director of Business Development Axis Communications:
- Steve Gorski CSO Scallop Imaging
- Vaidhi Nathan President and Founder IntelliVision Technology Corp
- Victoria Ferro President Micro Key Solutions
The winner get a certificate like so: