Subscriber Discussion

Kantech Kt-300/Exporting Access Control Users In General

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Apr 01, 2017

Client has a Kantech KT-300 they want to upgrade, but they do not want to reprogram 200 cards. Is it possible to export the credentials and import them into a new system? They want to use Kantech again for this purpose, but I am hoping to go to another manufacturer, probably DoorKing.

Is this possible?

U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 01, 2017

I can't say for sure whether there is a cardholder export function, but what I am about 99% sure is that replacing a Kantech system with a Doorking system is a crime punishable by death in about 71 countries.

Yeesh.

UI
Apr 01, 2017

Why is it that bad?

We are new to access control and the system here is so basic. 1 door

U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 01, 2017

So, I would just ask -- why are you replacing it? If it's only one door, what can possibly be so bad about the Kantech system they want to replace? Is there a specific feature the customer wants that Kantech doesn't have, but you've confirmed Doorking does?

In my world, the only reason to rip and replace is if you're providing a clear and quantifiable upgrade from one system to the other. I'm not even that big of a fan of Kantech, but I would say that unless Doorking has something I'm not aware of, it's well ahead of what Kantech can do.

UI
Apr 01, 2017

Customer specified they wanted to replace the unit.

They want remote access to program cards from off site, and they want an alarm or notification of when the door is propped open.

Cantech looks like it has an IP link but not sure if it can send alerts about a door open.

We have not confirmed if DoorKing can do the door open function, wanted to see if we could export the user data first.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions