Subscriber Discussion

Jci/Tyco #ISCWEST Tweet Storm - Please Stop

Brian Karas
Apr 05, 2017
IPVM

Does seeing pictures of a sales meeting get you excited to visit an exhibitor's booth at ISC West? What about when the same image/text is tweeted under 7 different brands? Does that make it more likely to catch your attention, or more likely to pass them by for lack of creativity?

(3)
JH
John Honovich
Apr 05, 2017
IPVM

This is their 'thing'. They did it in years past as well.

In particular, it screws up Twitter searching for #iscwest hashtag since you have to go through each of the tweets that are the same.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Apr 05, 2017

I wasn't able to make it out to Vegas this year, but those sales meeting pictures are making me really jealous.  I mean, I'm missing out on 87 slide power points and bad coffee!

(1)
(1)
(6)
Ari Erenthal
Apr 05, 2017

I didn't see no coffee. I had to buy my own. 

(2)
Michael Budalich
Apr 06, 2017
Genetec

I recommend Bouchon Bakery if you're looking for some good coffee.

U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 05, 2017

This is a personal pet peeve of mine - clueless marketing drones who use social media as just another broadcast medium because this is all they know to do. Instead of making any attempts at engaging their social media followers, they just dump the same corporate message onto all their accounts, en masse.

And Tyco doesn't just do this for the shows, they do it all the time.

If you follow all of their brands on Twitter, you will see exactly the same message repeated by all of them - and they don't even space them out either, the idiots dump them all at the same time, one after the next, which pounds their followers feeds with repetitive tweets.

This practice leads people to disengage - which is the exact opposite of the purported reason for using social media.

(3)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 05, 2017

Equally clueless:  IDP

They are using the show hashtag right now to repeatedly spam individual people with their broadcast message:

(1)
Brian Karas
Apr 05, 2017
IPVM

It is almost painful to watch the #ISCWest tagged tweet stream. This is slightly worse, as it makes it clear at least two of these individual accounts are just more globally-managed accounts.

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 05, 2017

everyone, it would appear, rocks!

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions