Subscriber Discussion

IVMS 4200 Slow Performance Over Lan. Options?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 07, 2016

Have a 64 channel HIKvision NVR with about 36 3mpxl cameras connected. Performance on the NVR console is fine. Loading the 4200 or browser on an I-5 Laptop begins to show high cpu and performance lag. Firefox completely freezes up causing reboot. Could be because it's sending Main Stream instead of Sub stream. The manual appears to show an option to right click on NVR folder and click checkbox to select all to Sub stream. However it's grayed out.

Can't figure out how to fix it. Also desire to send video to remote guard house at gate via PtP wireless bridge and it's really bad there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

36 Hik cameras? Which one(s)?

How many cameras are you viewing at once when it is slow?

What's the actual bitrate of the cameras?

UI
Jan 07, 2016

20 or so new HIK cameras, (DS-2CD2132-i) about 14 existing Gen4 cameras (think it's a Dahua).

Bit rate is set to variable. Not sure actual.

Performance obviously at worst when more cameras displayed, but it can lag with as few as 9.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

What's the NVR model#?

UI
Jan 08, 2016

NVR is DS-9664NI-I8-12TB

where is that menu check box?

and how does autostream work? Intuitively should it recognize a multicam view request and switch to substream?

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 08, 2016
IPVMU Certified

The check box is in the IVMS 4200 Client, under System Configuration and General tab.

If it's set to auto, then based upon the screen size that is showing for that camera, it will switch to the sub stream. What the threshold is for the switching, I don't know.

If you uncheck it then that should allow you to force it all the time.

The Dahua cameras are not listed as being supported for second stream.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jan 07, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Try unchecking auto change stream type in general parameters:

See if you can assign the substream after that.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions