Subscriber Discussion

ISC West Meet Up?

David Delepine
Apr 11, 2018
Brivo • IPVMU Certified

I have heard this idea floated around but anything concrete on getting a group of us together?

Just got our badges and heading up to the show floor. Going to stop by a couple of our manufacturers then heading to the IPVM booth.

What are your plans for the show? Any good events or suggestions? If not anyone want to get together for a meal/drink?

JH
Jay Hobdy
Apr 14, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Wish i saw this earlier but been a little busy with the show...

If staying tonight and want to meet let me know.

Btw did you catch John? I went by the booth 3 times and no John...

David Delepine
Apr 14, 2018
Brivo • IPVMU Certified

Hi Jay, I figured most people who had time to check the discussions probably weren’t at the show but wanted to try anyways.

We left early Friday morning to make it back in time for an inspection, but would like to try to put something together for the next show.

Do you attend any of the other events? We tend to just do ISC West, but are thinking of going to some others (CEDIA, CES, etc).

As for John same here, went by a few times but didn’t get to meet him.

Did you see the new firmware/discovery tool they are working on??? It was one of the most exciting new technologies I found, and at least I know it will work on release unlike some of the other things on display throughout the show.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 14, 2018
IPVM

Jay, David, sorry about that. I was splitting time between the booth and meeting with different companies for coverage / reporting.

We should think about how to do a meetup in the future. As for other shows, ISC West is likely the best one for a meetup. Related, we went to CES this year but I don't think it is that useful for security integrators unless you really like consumer electronics personally.

Campbell Chang
Apr 16, 2018

Official IPVM event party?  Maybe you can outdo Hik and book out XS @ Encore or Drai's @ the Cromwell.

(1)
(1)
JH
Jay Hobdy
Apr 15, 2018
IPVMU Certified

We may go to ESX since it is only 4 hours away.

For ISC West I think a morning meetup would be great. Evenings are usually occupied with vendor events. I was up by 6AM every day.

I suspect with it being Vegas and all, I am in the minority for a morning meeting...

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions