Subscriber Discussion

ISC West - Approach Hikvision, Dahua, Axis, Etc About Their Recent Security Issues?

UD
Undisclosed Distributor #1
Mar 28, 2017

So, as we approach ISC West next week, are there any plans out there to approach representatives from Hikvision, Dahua, Axis, etc about their recent security issues?  It may be evil on my part but sometimes I enjoy seeing the booth representatives, who can be very pushy, squirm a little when shortcomings like this are brought up.  They usually tend to find somewhere else to be very quickly.  I just wish we could have some type of panel with representatives from these companies present to hear from them firsthand about why these things keep happening and what they plan to do to correct it.  I also wish to win the lottery tonight and figure the odds are about the same.

(2)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 28, 2017
IPVM

#1, that's a good idea.

It will be interesting to see how well each company prepares their reps to handle these questions. Otherwise, you could have people going off saying random things, attacking competitors, etc.

Btw, we have hired 'secret shoppers' at shows in the past to test this, see: Manufacturer Sales Pitches Revealed

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Mar 28, 2017

Give my best regards, and wish them a nice day

/bashis

(1)
(3)
U
Undisclosed #3
Mar 28, 2017

(4)
U
Undisclosed #4
Mar 30, 2017

I have never laughed harder at an IPVM post than I did at this one. Holy smokes that is funny. 

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions