Subscriber Discussion

Is Interlogix Truvision Re-Labled Hikvision?

UE
Undisclosed End User #4
Jan 09, 2017

Given all the controversy regarding Hikvision, I did a search here in IPVM to see if any article, comment or test has any reference to this, and only found this.

Can anyone verify if Interlogix Truvision is relabelled Hikvision?

[IPVM: Yes, confirmed, see Interlogix Vs Hikvision Tested]

JH
John Honovich
Jan 09, 2017
IPVM

We have been told that Interlogix uses Hikvision camera hardware but has their own firmware and own VMS / CMS.

We have not tested this because Interlogix does not get a lot of interest overall.

(2)
(4)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 09, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Interlogix is one of only three vendors on the Genetec "restricted" license list, the others being Hikvision, and Huawei.

Which would give credence to the theory that they were OEMing Hiks.  On the other hand, the absence of any other Hik OEMs from the list could possibly mean they have their own firmware, as John suggests.

(3)
MM
Michael Miller
Jan 09, 2017

We took over a large project with 100+ Interlogix (Hikvision) cameras.  They are discovered by Hikvision's SADP tool and are basicly Hikvision cameras which the GUI has changed colors and less features then the same Hikvision product. 

(3)
(4)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Jan 09, 2017

They are. 

(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Jan 09, 2017

Yes. Interlogix TruVision is Hikvision OEM'd. The NVR's are Hik as well and have older software versions.  Use caution. 

(3)
(1)
Scott Smith
Jan 16, 2017
IPVMU Certified

The web interface and configuration screens are identical so I would say yes.

The Wedge camera is a dead giveaway for a Hik.

(4)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #5
Jan 17, 2017

To my knowledge, Interlogix is absolutely OEM Hikvision product. The firmware however is different. When a new Hikvision camera is released you will likely within a several months see an equivalent in an Interlogix branded camera provided it fits the direction Interlogix is taking its portfolio.

David Watkins
Mar 12, 2017
National Training Center

Some of it was when I worked there, but not all of it. And Interlogix did use their own software, different port setups, etc.  So did it come from that factory, yes.  Was it the same camera, no.  Actually in many cases better performance.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions