Subscriber Discussion

Is Totus Solutions Still In Business?

CH
Chris Hammond
May 05, 2016

Anyone know if Totus Solutions is still operating? I thought I saw them at ISC West. Every contact I had is no longer employed by them. Their general email box produces a couple of auto reply messages of people who say they don't work there anymore and their phone number has a basic greeting of "thank you for calling Totus Solutions, please leave a message" but the mailbox is not accepting messages.

I'm looking for an easy to deploy solution such as theirs to deploy in Europe / Middle East. Any suggestions?

(1)
Brian Rhodes
May 05, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Hello Chris. By 'solutions such as theirs', I assume you're interested in a wireless camera/streetlight?

Or some other aspect?

CH
Chris Hammond
May 05, 2016

Thanks Brian. The application is to protect something like a tower site. I want to have camera with analytics to detect persons, voice down, programmable lighting and wireless transmission of basic quality video and communication to a NOC. Of course all of these things can be acquired and made, but, rather have a purpose built product for the market such as what Totus Solutions offers.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
May 05, 2016

I'm pretty sure they shut down

HF
Hunter Fort
May 05, 2016

Try apollometro.com

(1)
CH
Chris Hammond
May 06, 2016

Thank you Hunter

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
May 05, 2016

Find another supplier that answers the phone?

JH
John Honovich
May 05, 2016
IPVM

I sent an email to their VP of Sales to see if I can get any information, especially if they are still in business.

JH
John Honovich
May 09, 2016
IPVM

Update: no response from the VP of Sales, no answer on the phone line.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
May 06, 2016

Their first generation of products used Mobotix cameras. Just add your own lighting.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
May 08, 2016

Check this company out. we never used them. http://www.sensity.com

Lynn Harold
Dec 09, 2016

Sensity was recently acquired by Verizon.

Robert Tabbara
Dec 10, 2016

http://www.sensity.com/ is a similar solution with more money and customers to back it up. but just like any new company, it can go out of business anytime

U
Undisclosed #5
Dec 10, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Verizon's not a new company, though.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions