The Integrator/Manufacturer Relationship article: Industry experts weigh in on what an integrator needs from a manufacturer in this day and age
How would you 'weigh in' on this one? ... Wrong. The right answer is actually Salient. :)
Five questions for anyone who knows:
1. Are articles like these paid for with hard invoiced dollars (quid pro quo), or firm advertising contracts (tit for tat) or are they just soft uncontracted 'verbal kickbacks' to the best advertisers?
2. Are these written primarily by the manufacturer or is there significant compositional, albeit biased, effort required on the publisher?
3. At what point does become illegal to take hard cash for writing misleading articles? Only if you claim you don't?
4. Does anyone actually read these and say to themselves: "ok, i guess this informed writer has taken a look at what's out there and seems to think Salient is a good choice here..."
5. Is it my imagination or is the advertisement veil getting thinner these days?