Subscriber Discussion

Is There Integration Between Genetec ACS And Exacq VMS?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 18, 2017

Looking at a spec that requires the ACS be an extension to an existing Genetec crd access system, but also requires a new Exacq VMS to be integrated with the Genetec ACS.  I see on Exacq's website that they have a good number of ACS integrations, with Genetec not being one of them.

Does anyone have knowledge of Exacq integrating with Genetec ACS or vice versa?

Thanks

Ethan Ace
Jan 18, 2017

The short answer is no, they don't integrate. The long answer is there is likely some sort of serial integration that could be done to send events from Genetec access to Exacq for event monitoring.

And it would be fairly basic and likely not allow control of the ACS from Exacq if that's required. So I'm not sure that would meet the spec, anyway. I'd be curious to see what the exact language is in the spec.

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 18, 2017

Thanks Ethan.  I am not permitted to post project-specific spec verbiage due to an NDA agreement we had to sign.

However, the ACS spec asks for:

See Section xxxxxx Video Surveillance, for interface devices and
communications protocol to integrate motion detection and video camera selection and
positioning into the security access system.

And, the VMS Spec asks for:

Integration with facility Access Control System, including the Central Station PC as
specified in Section xxxxxx, Access Control and as indicated on Plans.

I know that "integration" can mean a lot of different things, and specs are often nebulous (as this one is) when it comes to the specifics of what operations of each system are to be integrated.  As a minimum, integration to me means that you can pull up video recordings of associated access control events from within the VMS (or vice versa depending upon which system is the master, but we often prefer the VMS to contain the search engine).  Perhaps lock/unlock/lockdown a door from a live video feed. And also allow the ACS to populate the VMS database with alarms and events and use the VMS's rules engine and alarm handling functions for ACS events.

Other bells and whistles like adding/deleting badges from within a VMS window are nice, but not often required; nor is the ability to program a door controller's configuration from within the VMS.

It sounds like to achieve any integration between Exacq and Genetec would require a new/custom driver in the 4 figures range of cost.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions