Is Security For Protests / Riots Heating Up?

JH
John Honovich
Feb 02, 2017
IPVM

This video made me think of this topic:

So with rising political tensions, there are increasing protests and/or riots.

Is this having an impact on anyone's business? And, if so, what type of solutions / products are being offered?

WK
William K Dietrich Jr
Feb 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I like that you posted this question... This one made me think a lot. 

Ever since 9/11, we have been hugely invested in "security" of our nation, homes and businesses.  The thought process of the United States has been drilled into us over the past decade and a half with this fear tactic, and the demand for overall security has increased significantly.  And now with the rising political tensions, gun control hype, mass hysteria about religion and race (which has been an issue for hundreds of years, just in case anybody forgot), it seems that we are more fearful than ever and most people are convinced that security is a top priority.

So with all the hype, I can imagine that stories like this and media coverage in general are a huge driving factors for installing security systems.  Does anybody have any anecdotal stories in relation to this?

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Feb 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Impact on anyone's business?  Business was negatively impacted at Chase Bank, Bank of America,  UC Berkeley and whoever owned that lighting tower and generator and most likely many others in the surrounding area.

When it comes to riots like the one at UC Berkeley security (contract security or electronic) isn't enough.  Contract security seems to be too risky for companies and are scrutinized for every move they make while trying to protect people and property.  Electronic security (and any other property) will get destroyed by the rioters making it useless to put up.

I am sure there is something out there that can break the riot up, but the rioters will just move to another location.     

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 02, 2017

Perhaps cities should invest in a cable cam like network, it may be a bit ugly but the coverage it could achieve would be priceless.

Ari Erenthal
Feb 02, 2017

Cut cable

cheer as bazillion dollar camera crashes to the ground

post cellphone video to YouTube and Facebook

get a million likes 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions