Subscriber Discussion

Is Panasonic Now Marketing Hik?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jul 15, 2016

This came from Panasonic newsletter. I thought they would kill Advidia by now not promote...unless they have switched the Advidia line with Panasonic economy Cameras.

Welcoming the Advidia Brand to the Panasonic Security Product Portfolio! Panasonic is pleased to announce that selected models of Video Insight’s top-selling Advidia brand of surveillance products are now available to all Panasonic Authorized Partners.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 15, 2016
IPVM

Thanks for sharing. Interesting. We will contact Panasonic and Video Insight to confirm details / approach.

EP
Eddie Perry
Jul 15, 2016

I just spoke to a Panasonic rep about this along with Video Insight who own advidia about this

Panasonic said that some ponit in the future they will phase out the A and B series cameras and most likely give them their old last gen cameras and let them rebrand those nothing concrete yet but that is plan going forward in about 18 month to 2 years

video insight said that there are no plans to drop the A and B series but they are dropping the P series because they are Panasonic cameras and dont want to interfere with the Panasonic line.

The main thing they want to push is the VI VMS. by the end of this year they are supposed to be releasing full support for all Panasonic devices including NVR's and DVR's A far as I know while they can offer the advida but their main focus is to get the VMS up to par or better than all of its competitors.

U
Undisclosed #2
Jul 16, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Was the VI guy aware that the Panasonic guy said they are planning to "phase out the A and B series" when he said "there are no plans to drop the A and B series"?

EP
Eddie Perry
Jul 16, 2016

VI said "they" did not have any plans to drop the A and B series.

but VI is owned by Panasonic now so "they' dont get to make decisions that far out right now.

I can say their relationship is far more transparent than the AXIS/Cannon/Milestone thing.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 26, 2016
IPVM
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions