Subscriber Discussion

Is Hanwha Going To Buy Avigilon?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Oct 11, 2016

I keep hearing rumors regarding this subject. Additionally, there is a lot of discussion about a potential purchase going on in a forum on stockwatch.com (link to discussion: http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bullboard/t.avo/avigilon-corporation )

Do you think Hanwha should buy Avigilon?

RS
Robert Shih
Oct 11, 2016
Independent

That's an anonymous speculation, not even a tip. This is a topic we should wait on for further discussion.

(2)
U
Undisclosed #3
Oct 12, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Let us know when you're done trading...

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Oct 11, 2016

I have heard from different manufacturer execs that Avigilon is being shopped. I would think a deal with someone soon is obvious given their financials. I still think Hik/Hua or Cannon(Axis) is going to grab them.

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Oct 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

...Cannon(Axis) is going to grab them.

Because you can never have too many high-end camera and VMS manufacturers?

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 11, 2016
IPVM

I am not sure what is going to happen but I think it would be a very good move for Hanwha. The reason being is that they lost / are losing the Samsung brand, the Hanwha brand is weak outside Korea. Avigilon solves that plus gives them a high-end VMS (which they need) plus high-end analytics. And AVO's stock price is so low, it is arguably a bargain.

(2)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Oct 11, 2016

Bargain at 26x PE with declining profit and eroding margins? I don't know if I would call it a bargain, but for them it perhaps makes sense depending on what Hanwha's long term strategy is.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 11, 2016
IPVM

The profit is distorted because of the current CEO's approach (too aggressive spending relative to Hanwha, e.g.). Also, typically manufacturers (unlike financial buyers) look less at current profits than how the company would fit what they are doing and how they could insert them to increase profits.

(3)
EP
Eddie Perry
Oct 11, 2016

I dont know I did hear they said that Aviligon values themselves at 3 billion or wants to make that much to drop a hint to someone who just got 3 billion in cash

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #4
Oct 11, 2016

Don't even joke about it.

JH
John Honovich
Oct 11, 2016
IPVM

I did hear they said that Aviligon values themselves at 3 billion

I think you mean: Avigilon CEO Aims For $3 Billion (Revenue).

EP
Eddie Perry
Oct 12, 2016

Sounds like an odd number to quote is all I am saying......

(Hikvigilon,USA)

(2)
Mark Jones
Oct 12, 2016

If nothing else, this rumor should bump their stock a bit.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Oct 12, 2016

So far your theory is not holding up :)

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Oct 12, 2016
IPVM

In fairness, you don't know how much AVO stock would be down without this :)

In all seriousness, though, this is an old rumor. I am not saying it would not happen but plenty of people have talked about this for 6 months or longer.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions