Subscriber Discussion

Is Genetec & Eagle Eye Charging For Bandwidth Used, By Seat/Users, Or... For Their Cloud Services?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Aug 09, 2017

Is Genetec & Eagle Eye charging for bandwidth used, by seat/users, or... for their cloud services?  Example: if a customer has 10 people viewing cameras via the cloud 24/7/365 is there a limit on the monthly bandwidth being used by the camera streaming to the cloud server and back to the user who is sitting at Starbucks viewing?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Aug 09, 2017

Eagle eye just charges by the camera.  You select the resolution you want to archive and the amount of days and that is it.  If you want 720P for 7 days you pay X if you want 1080P for 30 days you pay Y.  It's just a menu.  Stream all you want.  

(1)
Hans Kahler
Aug 09, 2017
Eagle Eye Networks

Full Disclosure - I work for Eagle Eye

I don't know how Genetec charges their customers, but Undisclosed Integrator #2 above is correct for Eagle Eye.  Our subscriptions are priced per camera per month.  There are no additional charges for users, viewing video or bandwidth utilization.  Also, just for clarification, there are also no charges based on how the video is accessed (our web UI, mobile UI or even integrated into another system using our API.)  

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Aug 21, 2017

Do you charge for different resolutions and what are your prices?  I'm looking to compete with you directly.

(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions