Subscriber Discussion

Is EMC A Good Video Surveillance Solution?

U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 24, 2015

I am working on a rather large camera installation (1000 cameras 30 workstations, 20 sites) and am looking for as my server/storage solution. Has anyone out there used EMC? Can you share your experience? Who installed it? Who provides service? Any issues?

Thanks

[IPVM Note: Related - Is Pivot3 A Good Solution?]

(1)
RV
Radu Vadeanu
Aug 24, 2015
What VMS you use for your project?
Ken Mills
Aug 24, 2015

I do work at EMC but here is my answer. Below is my "short" answer ;)

EMC is routinely considered to be one of the top storage manufactuers in every market we compete in. We outspend our storage competitors in R&D quarter after quarter Look here for a chart. We have two dedicated surveillance labs with dedicated engineering resources focused on creating high quality reference architectures and sizing guidelines. Click here to see one for Milstone and Genetec. We are not just taking our standard product and saying it is good enough, we are validating and publishing the results. We have also created a surveillance specific product called the VNX-VSS specifically priced for the surveillance market. Our goal is to create the most scalable and open platforms for the surveillance market.

Click here for a recent solution we brought to market to address large projects where you need a lot of storage, compute, virtualization and networking.

Curious to see what others on here say.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Aug 24, 2015

Thanks Ken. Good "First Volly".

UE
Undisclosed End User #2
Apr 24, 2016

hi there, did u finalize your installation. pl share your experience with EMC or whatever u went ahead with.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions