Subscriber Discussion

Has Anyone Heard Of GANZ By CBC?

Franky Lam
Sep 19, 2017
Zen Foods Group

Please share your opinion about there Analog, AHD and Network Product (Including the VMS called GANZ CONTROL) Thank you for your expert.

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Sep 19, 2017

They have been around for a while and use to have good traction in retailers like Dollar General, Nike, etc. 10 years ago they use to rebrand analog DVRs and Cameras from 2 large Korean Manufactures that I cant recall their names. They even rebranded Arecont box cameras at one point. Most likely what they are selling now is a rebrand of something, so if you can figure out what it is, you can figure out quality.

(1)
Franky Lam
Sep 19, 2017
Zen Foods Group

Beside this 10 years ago information, what about the IP solution such as Network Camera and the VMS call GANZ CONTROL. Is anyone heard and use their system before? What I know is CBC is a Japanese Company? Not too much background information here in Hong Kong.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Sep 19, 2017

I went to genz(CBC) factory around 7-9 years ago (Shenzhen. Not sure. it's quite long time ago)and take a look of their IP cameras.

Good in hardware and analog but they don't have a clue what is IP software.

They are pride to show me some "device search" tool which can change IP camera without entry password. It's so funny. 

(1)
Franky Lam
Sep 19, 2017
Zen Foods Group

It is very helpful information for me, and thank you so much.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Sep 19, 2017

About 5 years ago I bought an IP camera or two from GANZ to see if they were any good. Overall quality actually seemed descent but the GUI was horrendous. I was interested because they are somehow associated with computar which is a lens manufacturer that I have found to be very good.

(1)
Franky Lam
Sep 20, 2017
Zen Foods Group

So, what about the VMS software called GANZ Control?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 20, 2017
IPVM

Ganz' VMS is OEMed from Luxriot (EVO).

I have not heard much from or about Ganz recently. Before the race to the bottom, they were a moderately popular lower cost choice.

Franky Lam
Sep 20, 2017
Zen Foods Group

But I find a interesting thing of the GANZ CONTROL (VMS) has some features might useful for the security field.

JH
John Honovich
Sep 20, 2017
IPVM

What specifically interesting?

Franky Lam
Sep 20, 2017
Zen Foods Group

Face Recognition.

JH
John Honovich
Sep 20, 2017
IPVM

Franky, Ganz is OEMing that from Luxriot and I am betting that Luxriot is OEMing the face recognition from someone else (since Luxriot is not that large nor specializes in such a particular field).

If someone who has used it wants to vouch for Luxriot's face recognition accuracy will consider.

Franky Lam
Sep 21, 2017
Zen Foods Group

Coz one of my project want to offer GANZ Control VMS with all feature apply to the end-user.

Rumen Palmov
Sep 21, 2017

According to my talks with the CBC/Ganz guys in Europe based in Germany, LuxRiot made a custom version of the software for CBC (the name is CORTROL actually). Our technical team gave it a brief test and they liked several things - the embedded analytics (LPR, face recognition) which are subject to additional licensing but still available in the software and also the user interface which is much better than many other popular VMS, not to mention Chinese-looking software alternatives from Asia. It's also interesting that Cortrol has some features which are found only in higher end versions of other softwraes like Milestone for example - failover redundancy, expanded video wall functionality, etc. So, I think it might deserve a better look in to it.

(1)
Franky Lam
Sep 21, 2017
Zen Foods Group

Rumen, this is great information for me. Coz I am studying this VMS at Hong Kong too, but the company CBC technical team don't know too much here. Really, from what we trial test right now, the feature you mention compare with Genetec and Milestones are better, and the price is competitive. Really, hope IPVM can spend time to look into this VMS. Not only on the BIG BAND...:-)

RS
Ryan Sinclair
Oct 27, 2017

Hello Franky,

FYI, GANZ CORTROL VMS Suite offers the Prime (16Ch free license), Premier (24Ch/48Ch/96Ch Single Server, unlimited users) and Global (100Ch and up Multi-Recording Server, Enterprise solution).

Please feel free to contact bdenmeade@cbcamerica.com. Brian is one of our GANZ CORTROL experts.  Brian would be happy to answer any of your questions and arrange for a product demonstration.

Franky Lam
Sep 21, 2017
Zen Foods Group

GANZ CONTROL IN PRIME, PREMIER AND GLOBAL VERSION

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Sep 20, 2017

Never looked at the software. At the time my findings were they offer a descent product for a middle range price with no real advantages to saving money on say an Axis camera or on the flip side not going to the bottom of the barrel with a HIK or Dahua. IMHO they are "just another CCTV" offering. Absolutely no advantages but also no very obvious disadvantages like HIK on cyber security.

James Ashley
Sep 20, 2017

Lower price point at distributors for analog. Recommended for beginning installers, because analog cameras are plug-n-play. Agreed they are clueless about TCP/IP. DVRs are old technology - you can find much better material off the shelf at the big box wholesale clubs.  

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions