IPVM Just Paid $3,455 To Integrators For Taking A Survey

JH
John Honovich
Jan 22, 2016
IPVM

I wanted to thank the 150 integrators who did the 2016 Integrator survey. Those great responses which will be the foundation for new Favorite and Worst Camera and VMS reports, Favorite Analytics, VSaaS usage, frame rates used, hourly rates charged, etc.

Each integrator choose between $20 payment via PayPal or $25 in IPVM member credit.

The contributions are super helpful as they provide personalized color and experiences that help everyone better understand trends and industry issues.

We are happy to pay and would encourage other media / analysts to do the same.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Each integrator choose between $20 payment via PayPal or $25 in IPVM member credit.

This was actually an undeclared survey question; used as a bellwether for forecasting the IPVM renewal rate.

Bullishly, most took the credit...;)

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jan 22, 2016
IPVM

This was actually an undisclosed math test for you....

(3)
KA
Konstantin Avramenko
Jan 22, 2016

91 vs 59 There is also a PayPal commission so it is less than $20 in fact and an IPVM member credit should be even more attractive.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Agreed, though the .88 fee is largely offset by the time value of $25 over 6 months (avg remaining sub) using 50 yr historical returns. ;)

JH
John Honovich
Jan 22, 2016
IPVM

I am pretty sure we paid the fee. We used PayPal's mass payment option and had to pay an additional ~$25 in fees. I did not include that in the total paid.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

We used PayPal's mass payment option.

Hikvision should consider using it next time to simplify editorial expenses.

(1)
Joel Kriener
Jan 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I'm not an integrator but I am really encouraged by how many people participated in the survey. Yeah, $20 was an incentive but from an end users perspective the information provided is valuable. It shows that IPVM matters.

Thank you everyone and especially IPVM for providing a great platform for this information!

Luis Carmona
Jan 22, 2016
Geutebruck USA • IPVMU Certified

(3)
JH
John Honovich
Jan 28, 2016
IPVM

SDM / Security Mag just sent out a survey:

"The survey should take approximately 12 minutes to complete. As a token of our appreciation, all who complete our survey by February 10, 2016 will be entered into a drawing to win one of two (2) $100 or one $1) $50 American Express gift cards."

Just pay everyone. 12 minutes, 1/5th of an hour, assume people make $60 hour on average, $12 each.

The whole drawing thing is lame, also less likely to get good answers when you are depending on people to do a lengthy task for free.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 28, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Just pay everyone. 12 minutes, 1/5th of an hour, assume people make $60 hour on average, $12 each.

Just playing the Devil's accountant, if a hundred people respond that's $1,200 dollars, or around 5x what they would pay with the drawing.

Contests fix the payout regardless of the response, Beelzebub the bean counter much prefers the limited liability. Since SDM is essentially free and doesn't cut membership they may be looking at tens of thousands of possible respondents.

And of course, if one is truly reprobate, no actual drawing need be run at all.

JH
John Honovich
Jan 29, 2016
IPVM

"may be looking at tens of thousands of possible respondents."

Just close the survey when you get the number you need.

And, yes, even at 100 respondents, it is still way more expensive but you will get better responses. SDM / Security Mag is not free. It makes millions on manufacturer advertising.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 29, 2016
IPVMU Certified

SDM / Security Mag is not free. It makes millions on manufacturer advertising.

Its free for me, I use AdBlock.

Wait, you're referring to the actual articles aren't you?

Never mind.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions