Subscriber Discussion

IPVM Autocracy

KA
Konstantin Avramenko
Feb 01, 2016

John, we had discussed it previously: I do not think that it is professional to delete posts or discussions without any comment on a reason. I can receive letters from ipvm.com domain without any issue and it means that either you have an issue with a forum engine or just do not care. Probably it is the last because I wrote you last time that I did not get your comment on deleting.

Is it so difficult to send a message like this: Hey Konstantin, thanks for bringing this up. We are finishing an article on it and if you do not mind let's discuss it there?

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Feb 01, 2016
IPVM

I replied to your discussion about the Axis announcement, saying that we are posting our own article shortly. That reply was emailed to you. That you did not get the email does not equate to IPVM being an 'autocracy'.

Also, for the record, here is the entirety of your discussion:

"Axis Acquires Leading Video Analytics Provider Citilog to Strengthen Its Transportation Offering

Canon has a reputation of being a long-term owner and has stated a clear ambition to create a strong position in the video surveillance market through and under the Axis brand. This includes acquisitions like this.

Who's next?"

We published a full report 27 minutes later here: Axis Acquires Video Analytics Firm Citilog

KA
Konstantin Avramenko
Feb 01, 2016

I replied to your discussion about the Axis announcement, saying that we are posting our own article shortly. That reply was emailed to you.

No, it was not. I also told you last time that it was not. I get all comments/messages other than yours on deleted items. Do not you think that it is worth to check it, at least, if they were sent of course?

We published a full report 27 minutes later

Do you mean that it is not acceptable to post anything in Discussions before IPVM will make an article on it? Or was my post irrelevant in some way?

JH
John Honovich
Feb 01, 2016
IPVM

I do not know why you did not get that email but I have explained it to your clearly on the 2 occasions this has occurred so I am not obviously not avoiding addressing this.

Your post was redundant since it was on the same topic we were imminently posting an article on, with research and analysis. We try to avoid multiple items on the same event to limit confusion.

Your are still free to ask questions, make comments, etc. about the Axis / Citilog deal on the Axis / Citilog article. And you are still free to complain how I am an 'autocrat' for trying to reduce redundant items on IPVM.

SP
Sean Patton
Feb 01, 2016

LOL @ this place sometimes.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 01, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Autocrazy.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions