Subscriber Discussion

IPVM At ISC West 2014?

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Dec 30, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Does IPVM have any plans for training sessions or meetings at ISC West 2014?

JH
John Honovich
Dec 31, 2013
IPVM

Hi Keefe,

We have historically done events, e.g., our 2013 ISC West Mega Event.

However, I am not sure what we will do for 2014. We'll definitely have multiple people attend the show, but I am not sure what kind of activities we will run.

The basic issue is that ISC West activities are very expensive ($50, $100 cost per person is easy even for relatively simple things because the cost of space and the cost of food is so high - e.g., mini bottles of water are $4 and booth rental prices are crazy).

Plus, many people are rushing from thing to thing so it's not really not conducive to focused, in depth training or education.

Lastly, it takes a lot of effort for us to prepare for these things.

All in all, relative to other things we can do, it looks like a lot of hassle for little member value.

That said, we probably will at least have some informal meetup where we buy a round of drinks for members after the show floor closes.

Oh, and one more thing - teaser:

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Dec 31, 2013
IPVMU Certified

John an informal meeting would be great for connecting with other members of IPVM. Make sure to post something as time gets closer. It may be a little early for planning but if i don't do it now i will be doing it last minute and that is never fun.

Looking forward to more information on the IPVM Show. Is New York the location or where?

SP
Sean Patton
Dec 31, 2013
Hopefully its in Hawaii, scratch that, hopefully its anywhere except Eastern PA...
KL
Keefe Lovgren
Dec 31, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Eastern PA? We should be so lucky. I don't think you really mean "anywhere". How about western North Dakota? You're right Hawaii sounds better.

Ethan Ace
Dec 31, 2013

It's actually at my house. The exhibits space will be premium priced due to scarcity.

JH
John Honovich
Dec 31, 2013
IPVM

and it's being catered by Yocco's, the hot dog king...

The image above should give a clue to location.

JG
John Grocke
Dec 31, 2013

At least the bottled water there is only $1.29...

KL
Keefe Lovgren
Dec 31, 2013
IPVMU Certified
John can we expect to see any booth babes at IPVMapalooza? :)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Dec 31, 2013

"That said, we probably will at least have some informal meetup where we buy a round of drinks for members after the show floor closes."

Why would you buy the drinks? Just have maps of the known booze booths, have members pickup drinks at their choice booth, and come back for the meetup.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions