Subscriber Discussion

IP Controllers At The Door

KC
Kendall Cain
May 14, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Hello, aside from Infinias, are there any other IP based controllers that get installed at the door?

Brian Rhodes
May 14, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Hello Kendall:

There are several products in this segment. We've done updates on a number of them, including:

I hope this helps!

Ethan Ace
May 14, 2013

Aside from HID, Mercury has one of the only other open platform controllers, the EP1501. They also have the MR51e, which is not a controller (limited processing on board), but an Ethernet door interface. So you'd address multiple MR51e's back to an EP1501 for control.

On the proprietary side, most of the majors have a PoE controller, now, like Honeywell's NetAXS-123, and the S2 MicroNode.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
May 14, 2013

Paxton Access has IP connected single door controllers that can be placed at doors. There's also Isonas who was making a big marketing push awhile back. I have not used either.

NS
Nick Sanko
May 14, 2013

I have used Isonas IP based controllers/readers, but I found the management software clunky and poorly designed.

MP
Michael Peele
May 14, 2013

Sargent/Persona has a nice POE and a nice Wireless (wifi) IP-based lock. We have quite a few of each.

http://www.personacampus.com/en/site/PERSONA-Campus/

Disclaimer: I work at a university, not a manufacturer.

Brian Karas
May 15, 2013
Pelican Zero

I'm surprised no one has mentioned ISONAS, they are pretty big in that regard.

Ethan Ace
May 15, 2013

Look two posts above you!

Brian Karas
May 15, 2013
Pelican Zero

Oh, right.

In my defense... Uh... Well... I guess I just didn't read all the posts :)

Campbell Chang
May 16, 2013

Open Options, based on the Mercury system

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions