Subscriber Discussion

Should I Use Wireless In An Elevator?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 14, 2015

Has anyone used videocomm ip solutions for elevators? Are the videocomm radios compatible with any ip camera? Has anyone sucessfully used ubiquiti products with in elevators?

I'm forced to use a wireless solution there are no unused wires in this old elevator.

U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 14, 2015
IPVMU Certified

I'm forced to use a wireless solution there are no unused wires in this old elevator

Some people have used Powerline adapters (not wireless, piggybacks on AC power) successfully.

UI
Mar 14, 2015

"Some people have used Powerline adapters successfully."

I have a set of elevators next to each other. I assume they are on the same service.

Can I use multiple powerline adapters on the same service?

U
Undisclosed #2
Mar 14, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Yes, but they share the bandwidth. And the bandwidth is always (for me) less than the advertised rate. You will not know until you try one what the thruput will be. Most models have an indicator telling you roughly what the connection speed is or if it can even connect.

You can test just with the end units at first, if the connection is stable, then add a camera. And another unit. And test.

There are models that are POE as well which can make it easier...

(1)
UI
Mar 14, 2015

Thanks if this works 1400.00 savings or 7 years on this site paid for ;)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions