I have e-mailed Hikvision support about this issue before and did not get a resolution from them. I now have 16 cameras (out of 20) with this issue and am wondering if anyone else ever encountered this. The are the symptoms:
1) Camera has a very high ping (average of 2310ms ping)
2) Camera is very hard to reach (it takes forever to load the camera in a web browser)
3) Footage "tears" on the VMS - a person shows up on the screen, vanishes for a but, there is a blur, and then they re-appear later on in the frame
4) Camera randomly disconnects from the VMS for 10-15 seconds then comes back online
5) VMS does shows low frame rates when motion detected (5fps, 14fps, 2fps, etc.), when the camera is set to 30fps
The cameras in question are 1.3MP Hikvision models 2112 and 2112F from different batches. I have updated the firmware on all 20 cameras to the latest (with great difficulty). The four cameras that are working just fine are connected in the same way on the same network equipment (one Netgear FS728TP). The ping on the "good" cameras is reading <1ms.
Has anyone ever experienced this with CAT5e cables close to 120VAC lines or cameras close to wireless access points? Those are my two going theories at this moment...