Subscriber Discussion

Iomnis Having Financial Difficulties?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 06, 2018

Has anyone heard of Iomnis having financial difficulties ?

JH
John Honovich
Mar 06, 2018
IPVM

We are formally checking for comment from Iomnis. I have some intel but want to give them a chance to respond before sharing.

Rob Kilpatrick
Mar 07, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Called their Houston and Chicago numbers to ask for comment, Houston got a busy signal and Chicago failed to connect. Sent an email, I'll update if I get a reply.

JH
John Honovich
Mar 10, 2018
IPVM

Over the past year, I had spoken to a number of people close to the company who had voiced concerns about Iomnis having financial difficulties. Where they are today, I am not sure. However, between the concerns from last year and the lack of response from Iomnis, that is not good.

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Mar 10, 2018

Thank you for looking into it for us....

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Mar 10, 2018

We had on-time delivery problems with them before CSC bet big on them in 2009 as their "go to" for servers.  Axis was using the Iomnis online server design tool at one point, not sure if that's still the case.

U
Undisclosed #3
Mar 12, 2018

Any new info on this? We have a client with a server on the fritz. 

Rob Kilpatrick
Mar 12, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

I have not yet received a reply after reaching out to Iomnis for comment.

(1)
Carl Bracken
Mar 13, 2018

We too struggled getting support on some units that were still under warranty. The biggest challenge was when we discovered all 5 servers lacked a Windows OS sticker that we were asked to provide during an IT audit. It seemed a bit odd that a record of a specific OS serial numbers was not immediately available in some database that could be provided to us we did end up in the end getting what we needed to satisfy the audit after putting a lot of pressure forward and sending many e-mails.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions