Subscriber Discussion

Internet Explorer Shuts Down When Loading Camera?

JH
Jay Hobdy
Apr 01, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We are working with some new Speco O2LPR67 cameras and the first couple weeks there were no issues from a couple different workstations.

Now out of 6 machines (4 are client servers/workstations, 4 different sites) running Windows 10, only 1 works. MY laptop is 2 weeks old (windows 7), and it worked fine. Now it doesn't. The only machine that works is my installers old laptop, that we shut off Internet Explorer auto updates.

Using IE, we go to the camera, log in, accept all the plug ins etc, then IE shuts down saying there was an error and IE has to reopen. It does this 3 times and then finally gives up and stops trying to open the page.

When this first happened Speco support remoted in and tried various security settings, trusted site etc. No good. They tried an older version of Firefox that still supports plug ins but wouldn't show live views. They said it must be IE installed on that machine. Now we realize it is happening on all machines, and are waiting on a response from Speco.

We tried downgrading IE but I wound up going from 11 to 8, and 8 wasn't working. So I tried to upgrade back to 11, hoping to get an earlier version of 11, and shut off auto updates but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

Jared Tarter
Apr 01, 2017
Milestone Systems

It's a long shot but have you tried running IE in compatibility mode?  You can do this by clicking on that gear icon in the upper-right and choosing Compatibility View Settings and then adding the IP address of the camera.

You could also check Windows Update history and see if there were any IE updates and roll them back.

(2)
(2)
Ross Vander Klok
Apr 03, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Also be sure you add ALL the site(s) to the compatibility mode list.  Including their domain.  Also uncheck the "use Microsoft compatibility list"  We have to add ALL of our cameras to the list to make them work.  I included a screenshot from our directions on how to do this:

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions