Hikvision IVMS 4200 Vs Video Insight Monitor Station For Viewing Multiple Cameras Live

We recently installed a correctional facility with Video Insight and Advidia (HIKvision) cameras. We needed several 50" static displays that would display the same 8-16 cameras 24/7. No operator involvement, just observation. We purchased the newest Intel NUC micro computers to drive the viewing workstations with I-5 processors and Intel HD graphics. Really sharp little devices and will bolt on the back of a monitor. What we discovered was that the Video Insight Monitor Station client software was taxing the processor at nearly 100% to live display 16 cameras in a 4x4 grid.

On a whim, I installed the free IVMS-4200 and direct streamed the 16 Advidia cameras, bypassing the VI server. To my pleasant surprise/shock, the IVMS displayed the cameras at a much more fluid frame rate, and the processor utilization was a whopping 4%. We are using VI for the servers and the operators that need to review/archive video, but for all the live displays we are going with the IVMS-4200.

Login to read this IPVM discussion.
Why do I need to log in?
IPVM conducts unique testing and research funded by member's payments enabling us to offer the most independent, accurate and in-depth information.

** *** ***** ** *** *** ******* *** *** ********* that **** ** ******/******* *****, *** *** *** *** **** displays ** *** ***** **** *** ****-****.

***** *** **** **** *** ** ***'* **** ** **** other's **** ** **** ******* ******** *** ******* ** *** same *** ** *******...

**** ***********, ****** *** *******. ** **** **** **** *** cameras *** ************ ******* *** * ******* **************? ** **, have *** **** *** **** *** ** ***** **** ** performance **** *** ****** ****? **** *********.

***** ******* ********:

** ***** ******* ******** *** “*********” ** *** *******. **** ******* * ****** **** **** than * ******* **** ************* *** *** *** *** ******. Since ** ******* ****** *,*** ****** ******, ** ******* ** not ****** *** ********* ** ******* - *** ******** ******* ******** ** *** all *******.

** ******, ***** ** ****** ****** ***** *** “********” *** on *** ******* ***** ****.

**** *******, *** *** ******* *** ****** **** ***** *** live ***** ** *****.