Subscriber Discussion

Integrators Struggling With Milestones Support?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 13, 2016

Having massive issues with Milestone support. They don't seem to have any value on the customer / integrator at all.

They have shifted operations to Bulgaria who only work with cases and cant even do simple tasks like remote in without days of back and forth on an online portal.

Seems anything more than adding a camera needs "back haul" support who seem to be swamped?

Its like banging your head against a brick wall. 2 weeks and our own system is offline do to a fault requiring 2nd line but they simply have disappeared from the cases and expensive calls to Denmark draw a blank..

We are now looking to actively move away from Milestone..

(1)
(1)
JH
John Honovich
Jul 13, 2016
IPVM

1, do you know if this is impacted by the version of the Milestone 'CARE' package you have? Just trying to understand the background. We'll also send this to Milestone HQ for comment.

UI
Jul 13, 2016

OK not sure what happened but I just had multiple calls from Milestone and they are on it, Just had a confirmation they are sorting the issues out. Also taken on board my comments and recommendations which is positive :)

U
Undisclosed #2
Jul 14, 2016

(3)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
Jul 18, 2016

Looks like your subscription has already rendered some degree of dividend. These manufacturers are watching this site and it may serve a vital link to help some of them save their selves.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Jul 18, 2016
IPVMU Certified

These manufacturers are watching this site and it may serve a vital link to help some of them save their selves.

It may, though in this particular case I think it was a manual flogging by John rather than an anonymous post that made the phone ring...

(1)
AW
Alex Wasilesku
Jul 18, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Just curious,

When did you start experiencing these problems with milestone tech? I am in no way defending them for I have waited on hold on multiple occasions for over an hour just to have a tech tell me "I dont know how to fix this, let me escalate this ticket to the next tier and a "capable" engineer will be calling you back." Issue I have always had with this is I am an integrator. I do not live onsite. You can not expect me to sit around for days waiting your response and be onsite for when they call me.

However a few months back I never ever had this issue. It has all just started. Is it something that we should expect to be a constant? If so, my company will most likely be looking to move away from milestone distributions as well.

(1)
UI
Jul 18, 2016

It's got worse since it's become less call the local Milestone Tech Rep and more go through the Helpdesk.

When it was local it was easier to communicate issues and you also don't lose out on the hour difference. Another thing what is that going home early on a Friday all about?!

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #6
Jul 19, 2016

It has gotten worse? I waited on hold for over an hour on several occasions and nearly 2 hours a couple times.

(1)
(1)
Gert Molkens
Jul 18, 2016
IPVMU Certified

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Just got back from my last customer of the day with exactly the the same issue as you mention.

Had issues upgrading a 2014 to 2016 version so called support in Danmark. After the usual 'What's your partner number' etc (that part i can understand) THE question came at last 'Have you created a case on the protal?'. No i didn't, i have an issue now that causes the whole system to be down so i don't want to wait for a reply 'sometime' through the portal.

But, nothing could be done, they created the case for me. Got that nice litle mail to confirm uploaded some logs and then...just sit tight and wait is what is apparently expected you should do.

I have to admit, it was allready 16:45 so i supose their shift was over by the time they got the logs.

So, fixed it myself as i did on previous ocasions if you can't wait for them to reply. This is my remedy (it does supose you took a backup of the config before you started :-) as everyone does off course)

Uninstall the reluctant software

Remove all Milestone folders everywhere

Remove Milestone registry entries

Reboot the server

re-install the software from scratch

load the backup config

Try to upgrade again

Good to go

Sure, all this takes a couple of hours but it beats the support speed most of the time (probably unless you pay extra on top of CARE Plus)

I guess this just happens as companys grow and start 'streamlining their support to even better serve their customers bla bla bla'. I remember the early days when you could just call Danmark, had a guy on the phone who knew his stuff and helped you out of the mess nice and easy. That probably just means i'm getting older :-)

However, open to alternatives as well just as U1 above

(3)
U
Undisclosed #5
Jul 18, 2016

I have been using Milestone extensively for over 7 years now. While, like any other tech support entity, I have experienced occasional small delays, I have never experienced the type of significant issue described initially.

A year or so ago, when I experienced a minor problem, a call to an account manager got me a quick response, similar to what John triggered from his call. I think their customer support department is responsive to integrator concerns about service, even when there is not a media event looming behind it. Sometimes you just have to run something a step or two up the ladder.

Regardless, thanks to John for working to help his subscribers, beyond just the education and information we paid for. Nice value add!

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #7
Jul 22, 2016

Their support has become terrible, any time I call the helpdesk I end up thinking to myself I know more than this guy. Also their support forum used to be great and easy to use, can't say the same for the new one.

(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions