Integrator Vlogger Highlights Hanwha Cabo Conference

JH
John Honovich
Mar 21, 2018
IPVM

Wow, this is different. This integrator, Loc-Doc Security, via its Managing Partner Chad Lingafelt, has 100+ videos on YouTube in an ongoing series.

His video recapping the Hanwha Partner Summit has been going around LinkedIn, embedded below:

It's well produced and it shows the excitement and benefits that partner conferences / reward trips like this can bring. [Note: Hikvison dealers, don't worry, once Hikvision sees Hanwha does a week in Cabo, next year they'll give you a month in Bali...]

And here is a short but also well produced 'team' video they did:

The challenge I see for his YouTube channel is that it does not get lots of views. On the other hand, if potential employees, partners or customers see it, it can build credibility.

What do you think?

(3)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Mar 21, 2018

I am beginning to think we sell the wrong brands...

(1)
(3)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Mar 21, 2018

FYI, it was a weekend Thursday - Saturday, plus travel on the bookends.

(1)
Marty Major
Mar 21, 2018
Teledyne FLIR

FTR - I have been following these guys on Twitter for many years.

Reason?  They understand that social media is a unique way to actually engage with their customers (and potential customers) by just 'keeping it real'.

What does that mean?  It means that they don't use social media as most others in our industry do - as simply an extension of their broadcast media platform.  i.e. tv/radio/print etc.

The guy with the beard (which, for years in my mind, is what I've always called him) - Chad, is just a dude talking about what they do.  He keeps it real.

Is Chad's version of 'real' kinda cheesy at times?  Without question.

That's kinda what I like about him... ;)

(2)
(2)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 21, 2018
IPVM

That's kinda what I like about him... ;)

Wait, you are saying you like someone? This may be a first.

(4)
(4)
Chad Lingafelt
Mar 22, 2018

Marty - Thanks for the kind words!

you've summed up our strategy well.  A few years back I realized that the only people who really care about seeing pictures of locks, panels and cameras on social were people in our industry.  So we've tried to open the doors to how we operate our business rather than talk so much about what we sell.

(5)
(1)
AB
Alexander Bakke
Mar 21, 2018

Just watched several videos from their channel after reading this article.

I think the guy is a genius.

Professional looking website as well.

If I was an end-user in that area this integrator would be first I would go asking for security solutions.

(3)
Will Van Wickler
Mar 28, 2018

Very cool! I have never seen anybody do this in the secuirty industry, but it was very entertaining! I look forward to watching more. 

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Mar 28, 2018
IPVM

Will, you can be the first security industry snapchatter ;)

But, seriously, I do encourage you to try posting on social media about your security experiences. It is a good way to make connections as well as learn as you create content and get feedback.

(5)
Will Van Wickler
Mar 29, 2018

Great idea John! Might be a fun way to share my expierence at ISC West! I will proudly take on the role of the official IPVM snapchatter. Let me know ;)

Chad Lingafelt
Mar 29, 2018

I'd follow it! 

Nick Giannakis
Mar 29, 2018

Chad is ahead of the game from a marketing standpoint. His efforts will pay dividends as he continues to build his brand and as consumers expect and appreciate a more engaged service partner on social media. From a vendor perspective, I love that we can use the content our customer is creating to highlight the partnership efforts we are committing. Chad understands the importance of creating value and it shows in the success Loc-Doc is enjoying. I'm fortunate to be able to work with customers I respect and admire. 

(1)
(1)
Jon Dillabaugh
Mar 29, 2018
Pro Focus LLC

Turn off autofocus, please. Other than that, just a bunch of b roll with some drone footage for wow factor. 

(1)
Chad Lingafelt
Mar 30, 2018

Good point. I do struggle with focusing so that auto Focus get me sometimes. 

Thank you for the feedback!

U
Undisclosed #3
Mar 30, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Well produced video.  No doubt it took a good deal of pre-planning and post-editing to make it appear so spontaneous and off-the-cuff ;)

However, as an end-user, I’m not interested in paying (however indirectly) for anyone’s week in Cabo but my own ;)

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions