Subscriber Discussion

Integrating Cisco CIVS-IPC-3520 Camera To Avigilon Or Other 3rd Party VMS?

UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jun 21, 2017

Hi,

Does anyone had a successful integration with Cisco CIVS-IPC-3520 camera and what is the VMS that supports it.

Camera says ONVIF compliant. I connected to the camera through Web interface, but cannot add the camera to Avigilon ACC6, however ACC finds the camera and gives error message when put username and password?

Do you know what VMS can handle it?

Firmware is 2014 year old and cameras never used before. I managed to connect to ACC once and recorded, but later it was disconnected and I cannot add no other Cisco cameras to VMS.

Tried to upgrade firmware, but without Cisco support contract you cannot upgrade firmware...

thank you.

DS
David Shepherd
Jun 22, 2017

What firmware version does the camera have? I recall from when I used to work with Cisco cameras that the ONVIF support improved with later firmware versions. Regardless I'd recommend using another camera if you can - while these are supposed to be ONVIF S compliant, Cisco's implementation of ONVIF (on VSM at least) isn't exactly fantastic...and the 3520 is only 720p anyway.

(2)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #1
Jun 22, 2017

The firmware is 2.0.0 and today I will upgrade to the latest version. Strange thing is that I was able to connect, control, record one camera out of 2. But now both cameras are not connecting to VMS via Onvif and RTSP either. 

Hope that after firmware upgrade it will be solved. There is only one model of camera that customer has and we need to intergate it to Avigilon ACC.

thank you 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions