Integrating Axis A1001 With Door Operator Question

Hi All,

We have a client that we're trying to integrate an Axis A1001 controller with a single door operator for entry/exit into a multi family housing lobby. Ideally, the Axis A1001 will be able to operate for two types of users:

1. Manual door operation - Axis A1001 will only unlock the electric door strike, and the resident will need to manually open the door by pulling.
2. Door operator- Axis A1001 will unlock the electric door strike, and then trigger the door operator to swing the door open automatically for ADA residents

The way I am thinking about setting this up is by configuring the Axis A1001 with two doors. Door 1 will be the lock terminal, which will unlock/lock the electric door strike. Door 2 will be connected via the relay terminal to the activation terminal on the door operator.

In the Axis Entry Manager, I will have users configured with which "doors" they will need access to. ADA residents will trigger door 2, all other residents will trigger door 1. My concern is having the Axis A1001 be able to unlock the electric door strike, then delay one second, and send the signal to the door operator for the swing operation. Is this a possible feature with the A1001?

Is there a better way of going about this? Am I on the right track? Any help is appreciated!

Login to read this IPVM discussion.
Why do I need to log in?
IPVM conducts unique testing and research funded by member's payments enabling us to offer the most independent, accurate and in-depth information.

**** ******** ** ******** enough **** **** ******* should **** *** ********** or ***; *'** ** happy ** **** ** on *** *******.

*******, ****** ** ** this - *** **** doors * & * in ***** ******* ********* the **** ******?

*****, ** ** ******** door ****** **** ** be ***** **** *** locations? *.*., *** ******** door ****** ******** ** the **** ***** **** controller, ** **** ** the **** ******** ** the **** ********, *** if ** **** ****** from ****** ******, ** unlocks? ** **, * think **** *** ***** my *****.

*******, ** ****** **** question, *** **** * and **** * *** unlocking *** **** ******.

**#*, * ** ** very ****** **** **** as * ** *** know *** ***** ** depth. * **** ** encourage *** ** **** IF/AND/OR ******* ******** ** spot ** **** ********** functions ** * **** to ******* ******* ******. There *** * ***** other ******* ***** **** is * **** ****, but **** **** *** are ** *** ***** track ** ****** ** work **** *** *****. Brian ****** ******* ** spot **, ******* **** from **** *** ***** in ** **** **** most ****** *********** **** scenario. ** *** *** either *** ***** *** perform **** ************* ** an ********** ***** ** hardware ** ******. **** could **** **** ** inputs ** *** *** controller, ***** ***** ** perhaps ********* ****.

**** *** *** **** of ****, ******* ** seeing **** *** ***** can **, ***** *** one ** ** **** bench ***.

*** ***** ** *** certain ** ***** ***'* do **** ******* *********** a ***** ** ****** I/O's ****'* *** ****. Say ** ***'* ******** even ****** **** ***** systems **** *** ******* hardware ** ** ***** out ** *** ***. Not **** ***** *** Axis ****** ******.

* ******* **** *** did **** ****. * think *** ***** **** is *** **** ****** since ** ** *** same ****** *** "**** doors". **** *** ************* on **** * ** a ****** ********* **** on **** *. **** Axis. ** *** ***, don't *** **** **** you **** * ****** script. ** **** ** a ******** ** ****** if *** **** **** to ******* *** ********** or *** * ******** upgrade.