Ingram Wants To Get Physical With You?

JH
John Honovich
May 22, 2016
IPVM

Give Ingram an A for effort. They may not know what they are doing (e.g., Disaster at the Ingram Micro Pavilion, Ingram Micro is Back to Defend IP!, etc.) and they are being assimilated into a Chinese airliner, but they keep on going after the security industry.

Check it out:

This was an ad in a security trade magazine.

What do you think?

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
May 22, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Post acquisition tagline:

"Physical Security from the Fiscally Secure."

U
Undisclosed #2
May 22, 2016

Who really looks at ads?

JH
John Honovich
May 22, 2016
IPVM

Who really looks at ads?

2, you win!

That's probably true, not a lot of people reading print trade magazines these days.

I did find it interesting that companies from the IT side like Ingram and Cisco call us 'physical security' or 'physec' when most people on our side avoid those terms. Using 'physical', I think signals that they don't get it (like Ted Cruz / basketball 'ring').

Ari Erenthal
May 23, 2016
Chesapeake & Midlantic

Everybody who read this article, for starters.

John Bazyk
May 23, 2016
Command Corporation • IPVMU Certified

This looks like it's an ad for a diet bet.

U
Undisclosed #1
May 23, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I don't know exactly when in the last 20 years things changed, but apparently now, a man wearing a pair of diamond studded earrings is synonymous with 'drill seargent'.

Jon Dillabaugh
May 25, 2016
Pro Focus LLC

While I don't feel I am an intended target for this ad, I do think it would be a decent as for the intended audience.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions