Subscriber Discussion

Any Feedback On Hikvision's Video Intercom (Doorbell) Ds-Kv8102-Im?

Jim Kirk
Sep 22, 2017

I have a Hikvision DS-9632NI-I8 NVR and 8 Hikvision cameras at my residence. 

I'm very interested in the USA newly released Hikvision video door station equipment as shown on the Hikvision USA website (left side of page "Video Intercom):

http://www.hikvision.com/us/product_1.html

I understand IPVM will be testing a Hikvisions' IP video door station per a post on another thread but I've started this thread to obtain more information for my own "potential" purchase.

For my application I would purchase these 4 items (creating a single station with dedicated indoor station) when they become available in the US:

1.  DS-KV8102-IM  IP Video Door Station
2.  DS-KH8301-WT Video Intercom Indoor Station with 7-inch Touch Screen
3.  DS-KAD606-P IP Video Intercom Power/Data Distributor
4.  DS-KAB02 Door Station Wall Mount Bracket

Looking at just the DS-KV8102-IM: http://www.hikvision.com/us/Products_1_700_i40922.html
and clicking the download tab, I am seeing that Hikvision is providing useful software/firmware updates to actually use the IP Video Door Station with the I series NVR and with iVMS-4200.

1. I-Series NVR Integration Firmware V3.4.92A_170629
  2. iVMS-4200 v2.6.2.6

Since my NVR is a DS-9632NI-I8 it looks like I could apply the new Firmware to make the Video Door Station available for NVR recording.  I currently am running FW V3.4.92 build 170518 which I upgraded to 9 months ago (with no problems-I was happy the upgrade went well).

I have iVMS-4200 on my windows desktop so I will probably upgrade but I find it easier to just switch my display to a 2nd input, which is a HDMI feed from the DS-9632NI-I8,and use the native software on the DS-9632NI-I8.  Switching is quick and I have a separate wireless Logitech mouse which negotiates the NVR well. 

Overall I'm impressed that the Hikvision Video Intercom documentation, FW updates, and software updates are in place and ready to use when the hardware is available.

I will be very interested in John's testing of the Hikvision video intercom and ask if anyone else has any experience with the USA version (someone who got it early) to please add to this post.

Thanks.

Jim Kirk
Dec 31, 2017

Wonder if the USA Hikvision Video Intercom is now available for your testing?

I've been looking at the Hikvision USA site (for door stations, indoor stations (i.e. monitors) and accessories and there they are:
Hikvision USA site-Video Interecom

A google search shows that B&H has these listed on their website:
B&H Hikvision video intercoms

Anybody using the USA version?

I'm been using the Chinese modified version (from AliExpress)

AliExpress Hikvision Video Intercom

and I bought them all from the vendor in the link via 3 separate purchases.  They are no longer available from this seller.  Delivery was quick (a few days) and they were well packaged.  The vendor hacked the firmware it's all in English and it works.  However, read on.

I have 1 door station and 5 indoor stations (that's the max you can have in my configuration). 

One indoor station is a "master" and all others are set up as repeaters.  It is easy to configure the units via iVMS-4200 and they work well on my LAN. 

I'm using them locally as an intercom video doorbell.  I'm hard of hearing so when someone pushes the door intercom button all indoor stations sound off (i.e. "ring") and every indoor station wakes up and shows door station video and gives audio of the button pusher.  Any indoor station can answer and talk with the person.  He can't see me on the indoor stations but I see and talk with the person-works good.  Perfect use for hard of hearing since all ring.

Interestingly once you set each unit up via a POE ethernet cable (I use the Hikvision POE switch)
Hikvision video intercom POE switch
you can then disconnect the ethernet cable, attach a 12VDC power brick
120VAC-12VDC power supply
and set the unit up on LAN WiFi.  Put it anywhere you have a 120 VAC outlet-no need to worry about running a LAN ethernet cable.  Nice.

I have 8 Hikvision Surveillance cameras on my network and it is easy to configure the indoor monitors via an "IP camera" screen to see a camera.  Set a camera up on the master indoor monitor once and it shows up automatically on all repeaters.  You can only see a full screen so its a view of one camera at a time.  If a doorbell button push occurs while watching an IP camera all indoor units switch to the door view.  

I tried the IOS Hik-Connect app on my iPhone and, you'll love this, I could access my indoor station(s) but not my door station (i.e. outdoor doorbell).  Of no use to me but this was scarry especially if the Chinese hack has a backdoor to my specific indoor stations (not saying that's the case but at least you now know).

I put tape over the camera in all 5 indoor stations.  Not used anyway since repeaters can't do station-to-station intercom.

Anyway as a video doorbell and intercom on a LAN it works well but it's a Chinese hack device so forget firmware upgrades.  Nevertheless, it serves my LAN needs as a hard of hearing old guy :).

I'd switch mine out to the USA version, maybe, when I see IPVM's testing.  But since I'm an all Hikvision user I wanted to try the video intercom and only the Chinese version was available when I bought in Sept. 2017.  I hoped for integration with my Hikvision NVR (I use a DS-9632NI-I8, Hikvision NVR) but no go.  

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions