Subscriber Discussion

IFSEC 2015 In London - Anyone Here Visiting?

Simon Lambert
Jun 11, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Good morning/afternoon/evening all.

My subject line puts the discussion in a nutshell. I will be good to rendezvous with like-minded folks next week: 16, 17, 18th June.

- Simon

U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 12, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Simon, it's certainly tempting, but I was wondering is there a compelling reason to attend if one has already seen ISC West in the same year.

Is the focus different, less sales and more serious perhaps? Are there a significant number of new product announcements/demos?

Would it be the one show to go to, if you could only go to one show?

JH
John Honovich
Jun 12, 2015
IPVM

"I was wondering is there a compelling reason to attend if one has already seen ISC West in the same year."

IFSEC is to the UK what ISC West is the US.

They are pretty similar overall. Of course, the UK has its own particular legal requirements and issues for video surveillance (or as they more typically say CCTV), so IFSEC is clearly far better of a show for UK professionals than ISC West.

Given the relative time and cost for Europeans to come to Vegas and Americans to go to London, it makes most sense for non-manufacturers to go to the one most geographically convenient to them.

"Are there a significant number of new product announcements/demos?"

No, most manufacturers announce 90% of their 1st half new products before ISC West. One, the North American market is bigger. Two, IFSEC is in June, and most manufacturers do not want to wait until right before the summer to announce new products. That said, some of the bigger manufacturers, like Axis, will spread out announcements so shows like IFSEC have a mid-tier new product to showcase.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Jun 13, 2015
IPVMU Certified

IFSEC is to the UK what ISC West is the US.

I'm assuming with the more refined British sensibilities come a more respectable show; somewhat less boorish but more business. But is that true?

Are Manufacturer Models less commonplace? What about corporate logos cleverly disguised as women? And, most tellingly, what is the Anglo-equivalent of the Avigilon VIP party, if one even exists...

Though some things may be unaltered, the IDIS booth-barge, H.S.265 has apparently set sail across the pond; intending an encore of its stateside game changing performance.

Speaking of encores, is there any word whether ONVIF plans on transporting Austin back to 'give it a go' on his native soil? Though the English can be hard on their own, and they say even Jesus had a tough time with the home crowd.

JH
John Honovich
Jun 13, 2015
IPVM

"most tellingly, what is the Anglo-equivalent of the Avigilon VIP party"

Answer: Avigilon Paints Half Nude Women With Their Logo

Ok, let's stop. We have deviated from the topic of the discussion.

Simon Lambert
Jun 15, 2015
IPVMU Certified

Hi A,

I've never been to ISC West so I cannot offer a comparison. I bow to the wisdom of others here who have earned the airmiles and write from their direct experience.

If anyone here is visiting, leave a comment here are we can arrange to meet up for a chat.

Regards,
Simon

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions