Subscriber Discussion

Identify Your Boss

KA
Konstantin Avramenko
May 03, 2016

I have just talked with a partner about a funny case of using facial recognition. His customer, a branch office of a corporation, has requested him to add facial recognition for the identification over the watch list on the entrance cameras. Their watch list is not large because it includes only their headquarters management team. And as soon as somebody from the management enters the building the respective people are notified. They were so pissed off by the secrete visits from the headquarters that they have paid for the system with their own money.

I know about other similar case where the notification was from the access control system in case the presented credential (card) was on the hidden watch list.

Did you have similar requests from your customers?

(4)
Brian Rhodes
May 03, 2016
IPVMU Certified

I worked as a draftsman at a large facility while in college. I did mainly 'keep busy' work. One day, the head of my department demanded I draw all executive offices on the same CAD layer as the washrooms and toilets.

They showed up for years when visitors checked the electronic maps to see where the closest bathroom was located.

(4)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
May 03, 2016

Similar but different.

I worked for a company that required all employees to wear a photo badge. What drove the badge design was the personal goal of the President to call employees by first name, only there were too many to remember.

The first name was readable at about 10' and the rest was small ;)

(1)
U
Undisclosed #2
May 03, 2016
IPVMU Certified

And as soon as somebody from the management enters the building the respective people are notified.

I'd give it 6 months, tops before some bean-spilling, dime-dropping and brown-nosing branch employee gives it up...

(1)
(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #3
May 10, 2016

Any type of surveillance can include a "whitelist" and a "blacklist."

But what happens when you tell people that they're whitelisted, when they're actually blacklisted? :)

U
Undisclosed #2
May 10, 2016
IPVMU Certified

But what happens when you tell people that they're whitelisted, when they're actually blacklisted?

Dunno, it's a gray area.

(5)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions