Subscriber Discussion

Icrealtime NVR Hacked

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Oct 24, 2017

i have a few ICRealtime nvrs that have been hacked. The camera channels say hacked and it changes the ip address of the unit.  They sent me a standard network security paper and said to reset the unit and upgrade the firmware. The passwords were changed from default and a medium security.  This makes 5 units that i know of.  Anyone else had the problem?

Brian Karas
Oct 24, 2017
IPVM

You are seeing the impact of this: Hackers Globally Attacking Dahua Recorders. IC Realtime is a Dahua OEM.

(2)
Nelson Gil
Oct 24, 2017
MicroGuard Security Systems Inc • IPVMU Certified

I've had the same problem along with hundreds of dealers out there. The hack runs a script that turns the contrast and brightness to the lowest level, then replaces the camera text with "hacked" or "update firmware"

One of the reasons I joined IPVM was to make good use of their extensive product research  prior to committing to a product line. As I come to find out, Dahua was well aware of their own vulnerability that allowed remote attackers to fake local access to hack the recorders. 

We personally experience this problem nearly two years ago, eventually causing us to loose the franchise camera business.

(1)
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 05, 2019

Nelson, so what product line did you end up going with?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions