Member Discussion

I/O Connector Cabling? Standard?

I managed to jam a cable in the "I/O" connector on an Axis P3364. Try looking that up on Google. Are these "standard" connectors, and what do you call them? And how do you release a conductor if it's the type of terminal block with a plastic tab in the middle that appears to be meant to release the metal jaws inside that really do hold onto a wire quite well... Are they all the same? Which IPVM.COM tutorial should I have checked out to learn how to attach i/o cables to a camera?

Do they look like this? I've always heard them called "Green Termination Blocks"

The ones I'm used to working with have a flathead screw that closes the contacts on the conductor. Left loosy, righty tighty.

Do you have another type?