Subscriber Discussion

Alternatives Needed For Power Box

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 08, 2016

I need the Moog PB-26B Box, I don't want to pay ~$400.00 for an aluminum box. Anyone know where they source it from or where we can get something similar to it at with pole mount straps?

Craig Mc Cluskey
Sep 09, 2016
The link you posted says it's more than just a box:
The Moog PB26 Series of outdoor power boxes accepts a 220/115VAC input and converts power to 24VAC and 84W output, thereby providing an economical camera power supply that also affords additional space for user electronics.
Do you need just a box, or do you need the power supply, too? The link continues,
... the PB26 Series is designed to complement Moog wall mount camera housings / domes by simply bolting to the wall mount slot on the box.
This, however, is rather confusing. Does the box mount to the wall mount slot on the box, or does the camera mount to the wall mount slot on the box, or does the box mount to the wall with its wall mount slot? According to the spec sheet linked on the page you linked, the box is
9.863” x 4.048” x 14.32” (251 x 103 x 364mm)
If you just want a box, try searching on eBay for "Hoffman box" or something similar. You will find lots of choices at much less than $400.00. I haven't looked recently, but last December there were lots of choices.
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Sep 09, 2016

For your power needs just build your own using meir enclosures and Altronix products. Altronix will help you design what you need.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 09, 2016

I just need the box. you can just get an empty box which is ~$400.00. A camera wall bracket mounts to the front of the box, and then a wireless antenna can bolt onto it, and its just a handy configuration, its rock solid, and way too expensive for what it is. Just looking for whoever the OEM that box from.

Craig Mc Cluskey
Sep 10, 2016

I did an image search on Google for the picture from Moog's website and came up with two interesting results, one of which listed the box for over $2,000.00, and the other of which was a Chinese site which showed a picture of the box with the title "Power Box." Perhaps talking with the people at the Chinese site will yield the OEM for the box.

U
Undisclosed #3
Sep 11, 2016

If I'm understanding and you just need the box, why not the Axis T98-series Surveillance enclosure?

Way less than $400, and you can actually get a wall mount from Axis that will most likely fit whatever camera you want to attach. Axis also has compatible pole mounts that you can purchase as well -- all at the link above.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions