Disclaimer - To the die hard Axis guys (I used to be too), this is just my opinion. Their products are solid, but their dissociation with today's video surveillance market has me wondering if anyone else feels the same.

A year ago, I would probably have been upset. When I received this email stating I was getting demoted to "Authorized Status", I didn't even bat an eye. Up until 1-1.5 years ago, I was an Axis fanatic. That's all I quoted, installed, and I rarely looked at other manufacturers. When Axis brought in their M series I was excited because I could compete in a lower market. I review that exact thought today and laugh at myself. When you compare Axis' M series to many of the other manufacturer value series today, at their current price point, that line of products doesn't even make sense in the market.

Overall, I still use and enjoy working with Axis products today, it's just on a much smaller, niche application basis (where I think they do well). Other than that, my camera manufacturer offerings have diversified ten fold. I never suggest Axis for anything, but those niche applications because I find there are less expensive options that are comparable or better than many of the current Axis lines out there today.

With that, has anyone gone through the same transition lately? I'm curious if my need to stay competative has skewed my viewpoint or if Axis is really just out of touch with the market.