If you were given the opportunity by an access control manufacturer to re-design their platform, or better yet, if you could design your own access control platform from start to finish what would you design?
Given IPVM's recent reports on Worst Access Products, and Favourite Access Control Software that show that no single manufacturer has gotten it "right" what would the ideal / perfect access control platform contain or look like?
- What would the core features be that you could not live without?
- What are the "nice to have's" that make a platofrm shine above the rest?
- How would you like to see those features integrate with each other?
- What would the "ideal" UI look like?
- Do you perfect thick clients, or do you prefer web based platforms, or do you need both?
Most importantly, if a manufacturer actually implemented everything that you wanted would it cause you to make the switch from your current platform?