Subscriber Discussion

How To Show The Different Coverage (About 360°) Of A PTZ In The IPVM Calculator?

MM
Massimiliano Moretto
Aug 14, 2017

Sorry if this has been debated before, but, using search function I didn't find anything related. I would like to show the different coverage (about 360°) of a PTZ camera, respect a fixed one coverage, in a project developed using IPVM calculator. Is it possible?

NOTICE: This comment was moved from an existing discussion: Camera Calculator - Need Help? Ask Here

JH
John Honovich
Aug 14, 2017
IPVM

Massimiliano, I made this its own discussion so we can better address this. Can you explain a little more or show something visual about how you would like it to be?

I do get the general idea, i.e., PTZs max zoom can cover large distances, etc. I am not sure the best way to show it.

MM
Massimiliano Moretto
Aug 15, 2017

thanks John for the prompt answer.

I would like to show, starting from 2 fixed cameras covering a portion of fence

what if I add a PTZ camera with its coverage (orange)

I hope to have been clear enough.

Thanks!

JH
John Honovich
Aug 15, 2017
IPVM

Yes, though I think it would be clearer to include narrow triangle within the circle to show where its maximum FoV relative to the potential (circle), like so with red lines:

Makes sense? Thoughts?

(1)
MM
Massimiliano Moretto
Aug 15, 2017

Thanks John, the question remains, in calculator, is it possible, selecting a ptz camera from the list, to have a circle, resizing depending on selected fov , instead of a triangle? 

JH
John Honovich
Aug 15, 2017
IPVM

Massimiliano, we do not have that feature now.

However, we can add that in and I believe that should be fairly straightforward since we already track what camera models are PTZs so it would be a matter of adding the circle around the rest of the existing 'cone' displayed. Let me look into this and I will post back with an update.

(1)
SC
Scott Clingan
Aug 15, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Yes I think i see what you are saying, that would be a good representation.  What the full radius coverage can be but what you can look at at any given time represented by the triangle lines which I assume would be adjustable.  It would also be nice to adjust the coverage "Circle" area.  For example if you are mounting the PTZ on a corner of a building.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions