Subscriber Discussion

How To Recover Local Video Recording In Sd Memory Outside Of The Camera

virgilio calcagno
Mar 11, 2016

We received a sd memory which was installed in a camera and does not allow us to extract the video I appreciate the help in this regard.

virgilio calcagno
Mar 11, 2016

U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 11, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Looks like it might be corrupted, have you run fsck on it yet?

MI
Matt Ion
Mar 12, 2016

I think your biggest potential issue (other than the possibility of the card being corrupted) is the fact that there's really no standard for how video stored on the card - file system, file format, video container, etc. may be entirely dependent on the specific brand of camera, and even the specific model.

I think your best bet would be to find out at least what brand, and if possible what model camera it came from, and insert it into another one of those.

(1)
virgilio calcagno
Mar 14, 2016

Thank you very much for the help.

the camera is DVTEl model CF-4221-00. We try to export the video from a device like without success. We work for the police department of the Dominican Republic and sometimes this is a big problem not being able to Florence on devices that receive. If you have information about fornece video surveillance I would be very grateful.

EP
Eddie Perry
Mar 14, 2016

try mounting the device and then the command

"chmod 777 /dev/sr0"

then you need to run fsck to fix it, but to so you then need to unmount it

"unmount /dev/sr0"

then run fsck

"fsck -a /dev/sr0"

if you are lucky you will be able to restore the files on it it should let you know either way

U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 14, 2016
IPVMU Certified

unmount /dev/sr0

umount

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions