Subscriber Discussion

How Much Should I Mark Up Cameras?

SR
Samuel Rodgers
Sep 02, 2014

I just started my company in california, but been in the camera business for a while and i have a couple questions.How much should i charge for cameras. Lets say i have a $200.00 camera what should should i charge the customer? and does anyone know what a good hourly rate for labor labor should be ?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 02, 2014
IPVM

What part of California? If Silicon Valley, minimum should be $500 per hour (just kidding... somewhat).

Take a look at Real World Camera Markups Revealed and Security Integrator Hourly Rates for statistics on that.

Where in California does matter. Pretty much everywhere will be above industry averages, but some areas, like the Peninsula, can command even far higher than that.

SR
Samuel Rodgers
Sep 02, 2014

What about the west los angeles area around bel-air brentwood santa monica areas?

JH
John Honovich
Sep 02, 2014
IPVM

I don't have direct experience in those areas. That said, given the overall cost of housing and income levels in that area, you might be able to do 25% to 50% overall national averages.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 07, 2014

IP systems, you should be able to get $110 to $140 per hour

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 08, 2014

you should be able to mark up your cameras 1.7 - 1.8 soa $200 camera should sell for $360

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions