Subscriber Discussion

How Do We Setup The IPC-8600 For Direct Connetion To An IP Camera?

Val Ramirez
Sep 08, 2016
IPVMU Certified

We just received our camera tester IPC-8600. So far ONVIF works well when connecting to the network.  What we haven't figured out yet is how to connect directly to an IP camera.  We turn on POE and power (48V) and the camera appears to come on. We open ONVIF, but it doesn't detect the camera. We can see the same camera when it is connected to the LAN, but when we connect directly to the camera nothing is detected.  I must be a setting on the tester.  Instructions are not very clear. The video appears to be very simple almost plug and play.  What am I missing?  Thanks, Val

Ethan Ace
Sep 08, 2016

Is the camera set to DHCP? And is the tester set up to provide DHCP? There is a DHCP server app if I remember correctly.

If the camera is static addressed, you'll need to make sure the tester has a static IP address in the same range (I usually stick with .255 as it's rarely used).

(1)
Val Ramirez
Sep 09, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Ethan, That was it, I needed to turn on the DHCP server. Thanks!

MC
Marty Calhoun
Sep 08, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Hold on to the Receipt and find yourself a Triplett 8071, problem solved.....

(1)
Val Ramirez
Sep 09, 2016
IPVMU Certified

With 500 cameras to maintain, it might not be a bad idea to have a 2nd tester. I'll look into the Triplett 8071. Thanks!

MC
Marty Calhoun
Sep 09, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Once you use the 8071 you will toss out the other, it does everything you could possibly need.

Val Ramirez
Sep 12, 2016
IPVMU Certified

Yes, I'm a little frustrated with this tester. It worked fine for a couple of hours. I was able to place on the network and find cameras. Use the DHCP server for standalone testing. Now I can't get it to go back to DHCP after stopping the DHCP server. I've removed the battery to reset and nothing.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions